Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Gmen or Vikings in Better Position for Top QB Prospect?
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I don't think the Giants take a QB, even at 6. And I sure as hell don't think they use draft assets to move up for one, considering all their needs. With Jones $70M dead, Drew Lock just signed for $5M and that Danny Devito guy as a pretty good QB3, it just seems like a really awkward place for a rookie QB. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootbal...n-for-2024

LMAO.....Now I can't get the picture out of my mind of Danny DeVito playing QB in the NFL or anywhere for that matter.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@dadevike said:
Alternatively, if we are sitting at 11 and the big 4 are gone, we can try to trade back with a team desperate for the next WR, Edge, or OT. Take a 2d or 3d this year plus a 1st in 2025. We still have a pick at 23 and we would have 2 first rounders in 2025 so we could try it again next year when, hopefully, there will be fewer teams in desperate need of a QB. We could still take Penix at 23 if KAM and KOC like him enough or just go into the season with Darnold as the starter. If he does great, then great; he becomes our Baker Mayfield. If he sucks, we will have a high first round pick next year plus whatever other first round pick we got in the trade. 

We will be salary cap rich next year and will likely have at least one third round compensatory pick (though we will not have second rounder next year). No need to freak out if we miss out on the top 4. I am wary of spending a ton of draft capital on Maye or JJM. Highly unlikely that all 4 of the top QBs turn out to be franchise QBs. Much more likely that 2 or 3 will bust.
This is such a logical and good take… BUT… not gonna lie I’m gonna be bummed out if we don’t leave this draft with THE GUY. It feels like our moment. Don’t get me wrong I’ll convince myself of anything in the months following the draft and prior to training camp because my delusion is strong, but I’ll be a lot more excited with a decisive move for a QB (any QB! Really!). Even if it’s Penix at 3, that tells me the powers that be love him so much they left nothing to chance and he’s our guy no matter what.

Taking leftovers at 23 or even 11 will feel so much different even if it winds up working out great longterm. I want my chocolate cake and I want it on 4/25 dammit!
Lol I feel this

[Image: ocn9p787x1yn.gif]

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
@MaroonBells said:
I don't think the Giants take a QB, even at 6. And I sure as hell don't think they use draft assets to move up for one, considering all their needs. With Jones $70M dead, Drew Lock just signed for $5M and that Danny Devito guy as a pretty good QB3, it just seems like a really awkward place for a rookie QB. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootbal...n-for-2024

LMAO.....Now I can't get the picture out of my mind of Danny DeVito playing QB in the NFL or anywhere for that matter.
Who says no? 

[Image: 5aaqfcjr22sk.png]

I would not be upset if we left the draft with a top DE and DT. Then took Rattler in the 3rd or similar. 

Our 1st next year is going to be high. If the guy isnt there, don’t freak out. 

The Giants have been mismanaged for a long time.  They would probably trade up to take Spencer Rattler.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
I would not be upset if we left the draft with a top DE and DT. Then took Rattler in the 3rd or similar. 

Next year's QB class looks not great. But its all subjective, I suppose. 

It's entirely possible that both the Vikings & NYG trade up. That could be why the Vikings are talking to NE, Arizona & LAC & not just one of those teams.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:

Too early to tell but this could be way off. There may be so much QB talent coming out next year that some underclassmen will go back to college just to avoid that draft class. In no particular order we have:
Sanders
Ewers
Milroe
Beck 
Leonard
Ward
Rising
Allar
Klubnick
And let's see about Will Howard at Ohio State.

And there will probably be more. At this point last year we were not viewing Daniels as a top 15 pick. It would not be unusual for someone not listed above to crash the top 10 party. Also very likely a couple of these guys will have a down year. My point really is that there is no need to panic if we don't come away with a top 4 QB in this draft. I think we are headed in the right direction.

Quote: @dadevike said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:

Too early to tell but this could be way off. There may be so much QB talent coming out next year that some underclassmen will go back to college just to avoid that draft class. In no particular order we have:
Sanders
Ewers
Milroe
Beck 
Leonard
Ward
Rising
Allar
Klubnick

And there will probably be more. At this point last year we were not viewing Daniels as a top 15 pick. It would not be unusual for someone not listed above to crash the top 10 party. Also very likely a couple of these guys will have a down year. My point really is that there is no need to panic if we don't come away with a top 4 QB in this draft. I think we are headed in the right direction.

Sanders & Beck are the only QBs on this list that intrigue me. Ewers would be no higher than QB7 if he was in this draft. As you stated, it wouldn't be unusual for someone not listed to crash the top 10. However, in that situation you're trying to evaluate them only on their 2025 tape. Whereas, in this draft Daniels, Nix, Penix, Rattler all have multiple years of tape to evaluate.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
@dadevike said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:

Sanders
Ewers
Milroe
Beck 
Leonard
Ward
Rising
Allar
Klubnick

Sanders & Beck are the only QBs on this list that intrigue me. Ewers would be no higher than QB7 if he was in this draft. As you stated, it wouldn't be unusual for someone not listed to crash the top 10. However, in that situation you're trying to evaluate them only on their 2025 tape. Whereas, in this draft Daniels, Nix, Penix, Rattler all have multiple years of tape to evaluate.
I want absolutely nothing to do with Sanders anywhere near the Vikings.  I hate the notion of using our 25 first round pick to get up higher in this draft,  but if the alternative was to end up with Sanders,  I say lets go get our guy in 24.  That kid has shit show circus written all over him.  Imagine the press and lockeroom implosion when Sub Prime doesnt approve of how his kid is getting coached,  or the play calling?  Nope,  please keep that disease out of Minny.