Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: Vikings actively trying to trade up with Arizona
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I dont advocate for it, but if JJ is indeed playing hardball per the rumors,  it would make more sense to move him at this time to save some future premium picks,  than to give up the picks,  and still have him try and force his way out and possibly creating a situation where the trade compensation isnt commensurate with a player of his talents.
Agreed.  Even JJ has a price tag. If he resets the market great, he deserves it. if he doesnt want to commit to 3-4 years then trade him for a haul.  There are 53 players on this team. 

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
Is JJ mentioned in those rumors?
He doesn't have to be. You wouldn't trade up to #4 unless you were OK with JJM. Oh THAT JJ? No, that would be nuts. 
Yeah, I meant our #18.  I'm not going to even try to predict Kwesi's moves any more.  Although, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see "Kwesi like a Fox" move Jefferson to secure a higher pick in the draft.
Right now, Kwesi's been a mixed bag of hits and misses. If he does that, he loses his ace in the hole, which is a very good offense awaiting a young franchise QB. If he trades JJ for a better seat at the craps table, he might as well put his things in boxes now. 

It doesn't matter what Kwesi does with JJ or at quarterback.  Half of the posters on this board and just fans in general will think he is crazy and needs to be gone if he trades JJ.  Some will think if JJ is playing hardball Kwesi is nuts if he doesn't trade him when he can get a haul back in picks.  Kwesi needs to be fired for letting Cousins walk but then Kwesi held his ground for not caving to Kirk's demands in length of contract and demands.  The guy can't win no matter what he does and the Wilf's, well what can you say they have no fucking clue how to run a franchise.

[Image: t2htzip8jupd.png]
No worries, Kwazy & his staff have been studying these QB’s for 2 years now…!!!  Wink :p  

Knowing KAM, he most likely feels that the 4 could be turned into many more 6's  and 7's than the 11.

Quote: @"FLVike" said:
Knowing KAM, he most likely feels that the 4 could be turned into many more 6's  and 7's than the 11.
Give the guy fucking credit for trying to make moves to improve the team.  Even if he made the Super Bowl and won it, some will always find fault in the results.

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
@"FLVike" said:
Give the guy fucking credit for trying to make moves to improve the team.  Even if he made the Super Bowl and won it, some will always find fault in the results.

He is a long way from getting credit. That 2022 draft was so bad that it's going to take much more than letting Cousins go to redeem himself.

it was a bad draft and you can put a nail into it if neither Booth nor Cine break out this year.  

That said i went back and looked at that draft a few times and it would not have been easy to nail it. There were alot of misses in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. 

Every day I read how we’re gonna have a billion dollars in cap space next year, but we can’t get a deal done with our homegrown HOF level WR? Doesn’t make sense.

I want a trade way up and I want a JJ extension. But if I have to choose only 1, give me the latter.

The absolute only way I consider moving JJ— and still probably decline— is if it’s for #1 overall. Now if JAX wants to trade us Trevor Lawrence or we can get a proven commodity like that with upside, then I’m listening.

But for the 4th overall pick? Heck no. 

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
Every day I read how we’re gonna have a billion dollars in cap space next year, but we can’t get a deal done with our homegrown HOF level WR? Doesn’t make sense.

I want a trade way up and I want a JJ extension. But if I have to choose only 1, give me the latter.

The absolute only way I consider moving JJ— and still probably decline— is if it’s for #1 overall. Now if JAX wants to trade us Trevor Lawrence or we can get a proven commodity like that with upside, then I’m listening.

But for the 4th overall pick? Heck no. 
I dont think anybody would suggest JJ for the 4th alone,  there would have to be other picks involved IMO.