Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: Vikings actively trying to trade up with Arizona
Interested in the #4 spot. JJM?

If that's the case then it means they'd be happy with JJM. But honestly, I think they probably have trade seeds planted with every team near the top of the draft. We'll see who bites. 

We're nearing the draft
the rumors are daft
believe nothing you hear
at this time of year!
 :p 

Is JJ mentioned in those rumors?

I watched a podcast with Mathew Coller and Eric Eager last night and they were talking about the 4 spot. LFG 

Quote: @HappyViking said:
He doesn't have to be. You wouldn't trade up to #4 unless you were OK with JJM. Oh THAT JJ? No, that would be nuts. 

Mullens dead cap hit is 325k if cut. 

This a couple of examples of first round trade-ups last year:

Texans trade back into No. 3 spot after picking second
  • Texans get: Picks No. 3 (Will Anderson), 105
  • Cardinals get: Picks No. 12 (traded to No. 6, Paris Johnson Jr.), 33, 2024 first, 2024 third
Cardinals trade back into top 10 with Lions at No. 6
  • Cardinals get: Pick No. 6 (Paris Johnson Jr.)
  • Lions get: Picks No. 12 (Jahmyr Gibbs), 34 (Sam LaPorta), 168
So if we are targeting the 4th pick comp would be something in the middle of these two scenario's.  

We get the Cards 4th and give up our 11th, our 2nd rounder at 43, and next years 1st.

I would much rather give up the picks than even think of dealing JJ a proven superstar.  Draft picks are completely over rated and a crap shoot.  I have no problem giving up draft picks for a shot at the most important position - QB.  

Extend JJ and Darrisaw now and make that move to 4.  Maybe Daniels is still there?

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@HappyViking said:
He doesn't have to be. You wouldn't trade up to #4 unless you were OK with JJM. Oh THAT JJ? No, that would be nuts. 
Yeah, I meant our #18.  I'm not going to even try to predict Kwesi's moves any more.  Although, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see "Kwesi like a Fox" move Jefferson to secure a higher pick in the draft.

I dont advocate for it, but if JJ is indeed playing hardball per the rumors,  it would make more sense to move him at this time to save some future premium picks,  than to give up the picks,  and still have him try and force his way out and possibly creating a situation where the trade compensation isnt commensurate with a player of his talents.