Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Darnold, new Viking's QB
Quote: @StickyBun said:
Exactly. 

https://twitter.com/adampatrickNFL/statu...5253333459
Who's the starting QB next season, a rookie?  I think it's Darnold, unless Mullens or Hall wins the job.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Who's the starting QB next season, a rookie?  I think it's Darnold, unless Mullens or Hall wins the job.
lol, you know what I mean. Not long term. This is the band aid, the bridge QB. He's not getting paid $10 M to sit behind Mullens.

@HappyViking said:
@StickyBun said:
@HappyViking said:
Are the other NFCN teams paying Kwesi's salary by any chance?  It almost
seems intentional how he's making this roster crappier each off-season and void of any rational winning team plan.
Looks bleak right now, but you can see they are signing FAs. If they can hit on a QB in this Draft they like, its a plan that would be considered coming together. KAM needed some flexibility from the cap, that's what he worked toward each year....getting out of the cap hole. They'll have a shitload of cap room next year. They tried to resign Cousins.....are we going to blame KAM for not matching a 4 year contract with the guarantees Atlanta put in there? Not with a straight face.
I don't entirely blame KAM for not signing Cousins.  Actually, I now
hope Cousins falls flat on his dorky face in Atlanta.  The fact that KAM
doesn't have a reasonable succession plan for QB in year three of his
"rebuild" is his fault, however.  Did the Vikes believe Cousins when he
said he wanted to stay a Viking?  Seems like they did, but Kirk showed
them he only wanted to stay a Viking if they gave him the most
guaranteed money.I guess I blame Kwesi and Kirk equally. 
Kwesi has egg on his face (again) while "gosh, gee, golly good guy" Kirk is flipping him "the bird"
on his way to the Falcons.
The Vikes don't have a QB now, and everyone here knows they won't come close to playoffs without one.  They went from having the best NFCN QB to the worst in year 3 of Kwesi's rebuild.
Not telling you how to feel, Happy. You're entitled. Lets just give this whole thing a bit longer and see what happens.
I'll get over this, but I'm still pissed right now.  While Cousins was
never a "top-tier level 1" Qb in my eyes, he did have some impressive
games and threw a nice deep ball.  He noticeably got better with KOC
coaching. 
Last season sucked without a QB, and I guess I just have to come to terms that next season will suck too - yay... Not!The
chances the Vikes get the next great Viking QB in the draft is very
low, IMO.  I understand they have to try, but if they whiff, the current
roster now has nothing either.

@StickyBun said:
@HappyViking said:
@StickyBun said:
@HappyViking said:
seems intentional how he's making this roster crappier each off-season and void of any rational winning team plan.
Looks bleak right now, but you can see they are signing FAs. If they can hit on a QB in this Draft they like, its a plan that would be considered coming together. KAM needed some flexibility from the cap, that's what he worked toward each year....getting out of the cap hole. They'll have a shitload of cap room next year. They tried to resign Cousins.....are we going to blame KAM for not matching a 4 year contract with the guarantees Atlanta put in there? Not with a straight face.
Kwesi has egg on his face (again) while "gosh, gee, golly good guy" Kirk is flipping him "the bird"
The Vikes don't have a QB now, and everyone here knows they won't come close to playoffs without one.  They went from having the best NFCN QB to the worst in year 3 of Kwesi's rebuild.
Not telling you how to feel, Happy. You're entitled. Lets just give this whole thing a bit longer and see what happens.
coaching. 
Last season sucked without a QB, and I guess I just have to come to terms that next season will suck too - yay... Not!The
Superbowl cheer you up?  Wink

https://twitter.com/vikesinsider/status/...7546588577

@HappyViking said:
@StickyBun said:
@HappyViking said:
@StickyBun said:
@HappyViking said:
coaching. 
Superbowl cheer you up?  Wink

https://twitter.com/vikesinsider/status/...7546588577
Yes, Darnold taking the team to the SB would probably cheer me up some... Only if they win though. 

Kwesi just put all his eggs in the basket of a rookie QB that he doesn't know he can get. I don't care how much cap room he has next year. By all indications he'll "f" it up. This thing is getting worse by the day, while the Lions of all franchises, are going in hyper speed in the right direction. 

@StickyBun said:
@HappyViking said:
How is it year 3 of a rebuild?

Year 1:  Run it back
and try to win with Spielman’s veteran team.

Year 2:  First year of
rebuild:  Tear it down.  Make cap space.

We are here, in between Year 2 and 3.

Year 3:  Second year
of rebuild:  Build what your dream is.

Quote: @medaille said:
@HappyViking said:
@StickyBun said:
@HappyViking said:

Well said. I think some fans are being reactive and feeling a bit hopeless currently. Let's continue to watch things unfold, strap it up and play some games and see what's what.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
Kwesi just put all his eggs in the basket of a rookie QB that he doesn't know he can get.

This should 100% be the biggest takeaway of the last 24 hours.
It could work out. It might not. But it's a highly unusual amount of risk to take at the QB position.

Quote: @medaille said:
@HappyViking said:
@StickyBun said:
@HappyViking said:

Maybe it's just me, but I thought the clock started on Kwesi rebuilding the team the moment he was hired and gave O'Connell the job.