Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Darnold, new Viking's QB
Alright.....lets talk about him. Still a young guy. #3 overall pick in 2018. Physically gifted. Only 26. 

This was his draft profile coming out: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/sam-darnol...7d32a03e33

Our QB coach is now the best QB on the roster

Well, he's been a massive disappointment and will be an even more massive step-down from Kirko. Hope all the Kirk haters/detractors enjoy this special era they've pined for.

In my best Gandalf voice; and so begins your just desserts; The Sam Darnold Era!  

Ok, I got that vitriol out...

A good reminder what a crap-shoot the draft is:

At the end of the day, Darnold has NFL size, arm strength, accuracy, pocket mobility, poise and field reading capability. His windup is an eyesore for sure, but he has the velocity to mitigate the additional release time. While Darnold has the mental toughness and talent to start tomorrow, early sideline seasoning could help him better process coverages in an attempt to eliminate future interceptions. Darnold has the tools to thrive in any system and doesn't have to have perfect protection to succeed. His floor is solid starter, but he has the ceiling to be one of the top tier quarterbacks in the game as he gains more experience.
Probably best of the FA's left..

I think he and KAM might have crossed paths at some point so that familiarity led me to believe he was a leading candidate.

As a fan you always have that hope "your team" can find that magic others could not. I'm beyond that now lol!

Are the other NFCN teams paying Kwesi's salary by any chance?  It almost
seems intentional how he's making this roster crappier each off-season and void of any rational winning team plan.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
seems intentional how he's making this roster crappier each off-season and void of any rational winning team plan.
Looks bleak right now, but you can see they are signing FAs. If they can hit on a QB in this Draft they like, its a plan that would be considered coming together. KAM needed some flexibility from the cap, that's what he worked toward each year....getting out of the cap hole. They'll have a shitload of cap room next year. They tried to resign Cousins.....are we going to blame KAM for not matching a 4 year contract with the guarantees Atlanta put in there? Not with a straight face.

I know the Lions are but I don't know about the Bears and Packers

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
Looks bleak right now, but you can see they are signing FAs. If they can hit on a QB in this Draft they like, its a plan that would be considered coming together. KAM needed some flexibility from the cap, that's what he worked toward each year....getting out of the cap hole. They'll have a shitload of cap room next year. They tried to resign Cousins.....are we going to blame KAM for not matching a 4 year contract with the guarantees Atlanta put in there? Not with a straight face.
I don't entirely blame KAM for not signing Cousins.  Actually, I now
hope Cousins falls flat on his dorky face in Atlanta.  The fact that KAM
doesn't have a reasonable succession plan for QB in year three of his
"rebuild" is his fault, however.  Did the Vikes believe Cousins when he
said he wanted to stay a Viking?  Seems like they did, but Kirk showed
them he only wanted to stay a Viking if they gave him the most
guaranteed money.I guess I blame Kwesi and Kirk equally. 
Kwesi has egg on his face (again) while "gosh, gee, golly good guy" Kirk is flipping him "the bird"
on his way to the Falcons.
The Vikes don't have a QB now, and everyone here knows they won't come close to playoffs without one.  They went from having the best NFCN QB to the worst in year 3 of Kwesi's rebuild.

@"StickyBun" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
I don't entirely blame KAM for not signing Cousins.  Actually, I now
hope Cousins falls flat on his dorky face in Atlanta.  The fact that KAM
doesn't have a reasonable succession plan for QB in year three of his
"rebuild" is his fault, however.  Did the Vikes believe Cousins when he
said he wanted to stay a Viking?  Seems like they did, but Kirk showed
them he only wanted to stay a Viking if they gave him the most
guaranteed money.I guess I blame Kwesi and Kirk equally. 
Kwesi has egg on his face (again) while "gosh, gee, golly good guy" Kirk is flipping him "the bird"
on his way to the Falcons.
The Vikes don't have a QB now, and everyone here knows they won't come close to playoffs without one.  They went from having the best NFCN QB to the worst in year 3 of Kwesi's rebuild.
Not telling you how to feel, Happy. You're entitled. Lets just give this whole thing a bit longer and see what happens.