Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honestly…is this fun for anyone?
It is what it is but I'm not even mad. They added to the defense and made the money stretch. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
It is what it is but I'm not even mad. They added to the defense and made the money stretch. 
And they aren't likely done.  FA is like first Christmas for NFL fans,  you get a bunch of shiny new toys,  the draft is the second Chrsitmas.  Sure you don't always get what you want,  but to focus on what you didn't get that you wanted instead of the fun your new stuff will get you is just going ro leave one bitter.   

The day Cousins achilles popped he was out the door,  sure he was technically still a Viking,  hell he still is,  but that day he got hurt he essentially started free agency and was done playing for the Vikings,  I always viewed him one and figured the only way we would retain him would likely have a negative affect on future rosters,  which it appears it would have.

I'm going ro look forward to today and the rest of free agency,  then the draft,  and see what comes of this new direction instead of focusing on losing out on 1 damn player.

Skol!

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
And they aren't likely done.  FA is like first Christmas for NFL fans,  you get a bunch of shiny new toys,  the draft is the second Chrsitmas.  Sure you don't always get what you want,  but to focus on what you didn't get that you wanted instead of the fun your new stuff will get you is just going ro leave one bitter.   

The day Cousins achilles popped he was out the door,  sure he was technically still a Viking,  hell he still is,  but that day he got hurt he essentially started free agency and was done playing for the Vikings,  I always viewed him one and figured the only way we would retain him would likely have a negative affect on future rosters,  which it appears it would have.

I'm going ro look forward to today and the rest of free agency,  then the draft,  and see what comes of this new direction instead of focusing on losing out on 1 damn player.

Skol!
Yeah, I move on pretty quickly. It is what it is. Would have preferred to have Kirk mentor a rookie for 2 years. Got it out of my system yesterday. I have zero problem with what Kirk Cousins did given choices provided him. Here's a fun fact: Sam Darnold is only 26 years old. Is that nuts to anyone but me? Big kid, nice arm. Will have some weapons. Wish the best for the guy, but I'm expecting nothing outside what we've seen previously. Would enjoy being surprised. 

It'll all be much more palatable if Minnesota grabs a QB at #11 or higher next month. I'll save myself some money this football season by skipping the NFL Sunday Ticket.

Not fun but a reset is necessary. The bill always comes due.

It's not over yet. The full picture won't be painted until after the draft.

If we go into the season with, say, Jayden Daniels and Darnold, Aaron Jones and Chandler, JJ and JA, and two elite tackles, there will be reasons for hope. Especially with $150M in cap space the following year. Yes, we'll have to lucky with the QB we draft. If we miss, we could be looking for a long long time. 

With that in mind, failing to sign Cousins, whether it was last year or this was just stupid. But I like the AVG, Greenard and Cashman signings. 

Quote: @"CFIAvike" said:
@"FLVike" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:
For me…it’s really not fun being a Vikings fan right now…at all.

It’s too late for me to rebrand…. plus I fucking HATE every other team in the league for one reason or another. So…misery it is. 

cheers

Misery? Imagine doing 50 years of this. How would you describe it then?
I’ve been around for over 30…I’ve taken my lumps

The pain goes back longer for some, Warmath dropping the Rosebowl then the Vikings came to town.  They did draft a decent QB in the third, beat the Bears in the opener, when he threw four tds. Then there was the ....

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:

With that in mind, failing to sign Cousins last year was just stupid.
This...

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
It's not over yet. The full picture won't be painted until after the draft.

If we go into the season with, say, Jayden Daniels and Darnold, Aaron Jones and Chandler, JJ and JA, and two elite tackles, there will be reasons for hope. Especially with $150M in cap space the following year. Yes, we'll have to lucky with the QB we draft. If we miss, we could be looking for a long long time. 

With that in mind, failing to sign Cousins, whether it was last year or this was just stupid. But I like the AVG, Greenard and Cashman signings. 
Yep, fully agree, MB.  They can add supporting pieces without expensive
"Loyal, Nice Guy Kirk" on the roster, but now the Vikes don't have a QB. 
To me the Vikes are now the worst team in the NFCN.  Not signing
Cousins should be enough to get Kwesi fired.  Each season he's making
this team worse, and I have no faith he knows what the hell he's
doing.  Rookie QBs rarely pan out, and the Vikes are putting
so much hope in finding their "stud" QBOTF it ridiculous.  Darnold is a
very bad QB, and I doubt the Vikes will draft a great rookie QB to make
the team a contender again.  They've never been able to do that in their
entire existance in the NFL, so how could I possibly believe Kwesi
could?  How could O'Connell allow his team to go into next season
without a decent QB?  I foresee a top 5 draft slot for the 2025 NFL draft.

Quote: @"Rigby" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

This...
Unless that kind of money or terms was never part of the plan.  Since none of us were in the negotiations and nobody has really came out and said what was actually wanted, it's hard to say definitively that it was a fail.

Quote: @"Rigby" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

This...
And/or failing to draft his successor. Or sign his successor. Or trade Kirk or Hunter for any value. Or resign JJ prior to this cluster. List goes on. Many things could have been done but weren't, for whatever reason.
This all hinges on drafting a good QB and with us sitting at 11, I'm not sure how many are even going to be there. Let alone the guy(s) KAM wants.