Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Edge/DL Watch
Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@Knucklehead said:
@supafreak84 said:
@purplefaithful said:
If we lose Hunter, this sure becomes a HUGE need. 

I'd so much rather be pairing one of these guys with Danielle vs hoping for a 4-6 sack season from a rook. 
I hope we have a good idea on if we are going to be able to bring him back or not. If not, I'd at least like to see Wonnum brought back to give us some juice at least on one side. He looked good last year and really nailed down that other starting spot. 

The progress that Wonnum has made so far in his injury rehab is going to be the biggest factor in deciding his contract term. If he's close to 100%, then he'll receive offers for multiple years & the higher bonuses that accompany it. If he's not progressing, then he may have to settle for a one year prove it contract.
Who knows, maybe Davenport comes back? I just read today that we will absorb a 6.8 million cap hit for him if an extension is not agreed upon by tonight. He did look good the one game he played 
Update: The Vikings re-negotiated the void date on Marcus Davenport's deal this weekend. It now matches the expiration date for the deals of Kirk Cousins and Danielle Hunter (3/13). A little more time to see if there is any common ground. Davenport's deal will NOT void today.

Its funny, Minnesota could get an excellent edge player at #11....somebody that would probably really help the D. But all I can think about is TQBOTF, lol. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Its funny, Minnesota could get an excellent edge player at #11....somebody that would probably really help the D. But all I can think about is TQBOTF, lol. 

Has this team ever really legitimately obtained one of these players you speak of…!? 

Quote: @Kentis said:
@StickyBun said:

Has this team ever really legitimately obtained one of these players you speak of…!? 
Culpepper
Bridgewater (we can argue how high of a ceiling)

I think they drafted Kramer too. 

Quote: @Kentis said:
@StickyBun said:

Its a good question. I think Tommy Kramer and Daunte Culpepper are their best attempts. Tarkenton way, way back in the day of course, but he left and came back after they traded him. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Kentis said:
@StickyBun said:

Culpepper

Tommy Kramer

School:

Rice

Position: QB

Heisman Voting:

5th in 1976

Draft: 1st round, 27th overall of the 1977 NFL draft by the Minnesota Vikings

@Kentis said:
@StickyBun said:

Culpepper

Kramer qualifies. You know you're getting old when you remember drafting the old, beer-bellied white haired dude who signed your son's jersey at the bar last fall.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Kentis said:
@StickyBun said:

Culpepper

Kramer qualifies. You know you're getting old when you remember drafting the old, beer-bellied white haired dude who signed your son's jersey at the bar last fall.
And you remember Kramer to Rashad too...

Edit:

I was listening to Barreiro on the way home from work not long ago and he was interviewing this olde sounding dude with a Tx twang who I couldn't place.  

It was Kramer...Hard living, hard drinking, hard throwing dude. 

@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Kentis said:
@StickyBun said:

Culpepper

And you remember Kramer to Rashad too...

Edit:

I was listening to Barreiro on the way home from work not long ago and he was interviewing this olde sounding dude with a Tx twang who I couldn't place.  

It was Kramer...Hard living, hard drinking, hard throwing dude. 
I thought Kramer would've drank himself to death by now. I know he still drinks, but he's learned to manage it. So good for him. 

Dallas Turner's stock is creeping up.....now a top 10 pick on many mocks.