Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent Content
Weird, my bookmark goes directly to this forum. I think in the 10 years I've been here, I've seen the home page maybe twice? Three times? And all were accidents. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Weird, my bookmark goes directly to this forum. I think in the 10 years I've been here, I've seen the home page maybe twice? Three times? And all were accidents. 
as it likely is for most of us,  I get Patts point,  if somebody is just googling and hits our homepage... they are likely gone without hunting around the site and finding this forum.  Maybe its time to redo the homepage to more of an introduction to the site and then make a bigger point of getting them to register and use the forums?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
as it likely is for most of us,  I get Patts point,  if somebody is just googling and hits our homepage... they are likely gone without hunting around the site and finding this forum.  Maybe its time to redo the homepage to more of an introduction to the site and then make a bigger point of getting them to register and use the forums?
If I remember correctly a couple of years ago wasn't it Tom Moore that stated on this forum it was his site and he would run it the way he wanted.  So changing the front page and it's content may be easier said then done.

Quote: @Greylock said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
If I remember correctly a couple of years ago wasn't it Tom Moore that stated on this forum it was his site and he would run it the way he wanted.  So changing the front page and it's content may be easier said then done.
I dont recall Tom ever making a statement like that,  I think the site is actually registered in Mikes name as he was always the IT guy for us.  Tom was one of the first to check out and focus mostly on the SM stuff and I dont know that I've seen him on here in a couple years so I highly doubt he would give a shit.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
one thing to keep in mind is these things dont run themselves for free.  If anybody wants to help there is a donation button at the top of the page that sends money to Mike to help cover the costs of the site.  This isnt a for profit for him,  and the mods receive nothing for their efforts either,  so rest assured any donation goes to keeping the page up and running.  
Jimmy, the donate link is broken. At least it is on my Android phone

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@JimmyinSD said:
one thing to keep in mind is these things dont run themselves for free.  If anybody wants to help there is a donation button at the top of the page that sends money to Mike to help cover the costs of the site.  This isnt a for profit for him,  and the mods receive nothing for their efforts either,  so rest assured any donation goes to keeping the page up and running.  
Jimmy, the donate link is broken. At least it is on my Android phone
thanks,  you can just give me your CC# and the amount and I will be sure the funds get to Mike.