Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm all in on JJ McCarthy
Quote: @FLVike said:
If Jim Harbaugh is also "All-In' on JJ, would you trade 11 for Herbert straight up?
Zero doubt. Of course. But Harbaugh was just being Harbaugh in talking up JJM. He knows he's got a better QB in Herbert. 

https://twitter.com/vikingzfanpage/status/1756510601185042721?s=42&t=66kZKYUnbS0o_Q9CE5sqJw

Will this be the year the Vikings finally make a move for their QBOTF? I would be happy with anyone of McCarthy, Daniels, Maye or Williams. Darren Wolfson doesn’t post garbage. I also saw a piece where Dan Graziano (sp) said the Vikings are a team to watch for Daniels. It could be just part of the silly season but it’s interesting at the very least.

I don't see a viable move into the top spots without including JJ,  I don't advocate for that unless he is being totally unrealistic in his demands.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I don't see a viable move into the top spots without including JJ,  I don't advocate for that unless he is being totally unrealistic in his demands.
I think it can be done with picks, it won’t be cheap but it can be done. I don’t think there’s any way they trade JJ but I think there’s a chance they try to trade up into the top 5, without doing so.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I dont think Cousins is opposed to the idea of the next QB they draft being his eventual replacement. I think he expects that to be the case. 

I think what he is "probably" asking for is a two year guarantee. I dont know if the Vikings are willing to do that or not?

Too bad the draft doesnt come first. 

As far as JJM goes, I really havent watched much Big 10 football...He does have lots of good traits and played against some very stout D's, so he's got that seasoning. 

I have no idea how he projects to the NFL or KOC system. 
In other words, he's a perfect fit for KOC's offense.

"McCarthy fits best in a Shanahan-style system that simplifies things pre-snap and leans into throws over the middle of the field with the help of play action. He has the requisite arm talent and pocket toughness to function in that system. Even still, McCarthy will take time to develop his ability to progress from the pocket and, hopefully, add weight and strength."

His stock is soaring right now with all the players, agents and execs in Vegas. But so much of his eval is projection. What "might" he have done in a passing offense? Matt Miller said he spoke to one NFL scout "who said J.J. McCarthy would be Joe Burrow if he were on a team that threw the ball."

I know there's a lot of misinformation right now, probably even a little disinformation. But if JJM nails his combine and interviews, he could sneak into the top three.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
His stock is soaring right now with all the players, agents and execs in Vegas. But so much of his eval is projection. What "might" he have done in a passing offense? Matt Miller said he spoke to one NFL scout "who said J.J. McCarthy would be Joe Burrow if he were on a team that threw the ball."

I know there's a lot of misinformation right now, probably even a little disinformation. But if JJM nails his combine and interviews, he could sneak into the top three.  

That would be a shock, but the draft is all about upside/potential and if he shows well through the process...who knows. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

If there is a "Top 4" and not a "Top 3" - all the better for us. 

I am honestly concerned about getting our QBOTF at 11.  They could all easily go b4 that. 

Quote: @VikeMike52 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I think it can be done with picks, it won’t be cheap but it can be done. I don’t think there’s any way they trade JJ but I think there’s a chance they try to trade up into the top 5, without doing so.
Those top 3 QBs are the target, I think you will need to do more than a couple future firsts to get those franchises to come off that top QB.  Imagine if we had the 2nd or 3rd pick this year,   whats you asking price to drop out of the top 10?

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@FLVike said:
If Jim Harbaugh is also "All-In' on JJ, would you trade 11 for Herbert straight up?
Have you heard any news of Harbaugh shopping Herbert? 

No, I haven't. Just asking a hypothetical question, which is common around here, right?