Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl Commercials
I don’t care about the ads but just want to commend everyone in this thread for not going with the super tired, “Man, the commercials used to be so much better” take. Maybe they were. Maybe they weren’t. Who cares! Good football game. 

I thought most were pretty lame. I'm hoping the antisemitism ones hit, sad that they need to be made.

The one (out of MANY) commercial that I think will drive me to purchase was the Paramount + Mission Impossible one. It was cool seeing the highlights of the franchise and now I do have the itch to rewatch those flicks. Effective.

Quote: @Zanary said:
I thought most were pretty lame. I'm hoping the antisemitism ones hit, sad that they need to be made.
While I consider myself quite spiritual, organized religion doesnt resonate much with me anymore. That said, I thought the Jesus ads were fabulous. Much needed message in todays world. 

apologies for the preaching. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
The one (out of MANY) commercial that I think will drive me to purchase was the Paramount + Mission Impossible one. It was cool seeing the highlights of the franchise and now I do have the itch to rewatch those flicks. Effective.
if you use walmart much,  you can get paramount free with a walmart plus subscription so you get tv,  plus free shipping and a few other in store features from walmart.

I hate commercials and that includes super bowl commercials. Every time commercials came on I either just checked my phone, grabbed a beer or went to the bathroom. Of course I mute the game too Smile

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
I hate commercials and that includes super bowl commercials. Every time commercials came on I either just checked my phone, grabbed a beer or went to the bathroom. Of course I mute the game too Smile
I don't mind Super Bowl ads because I know they hired expensive agencies to write and produce the ads, then paid $7M for 30 seconds to run them. As a creative, I'm always interested in seeing the results of that. 

Ads any other time irritate the shit out of me. Like if I mistakenly start watching a movie that I didn't notice was "free with ads," there is no remote control, pet or small child that is safe from hitting the Samsung.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
The outrage...

https://twitter.com/EdKrassen/status/175...25442?s=20
She's still hot as hell in my book...

Enjoyed her in The Morning Show too. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
She's still hot as hell in my book...

Enjoyed her in The Morning Show too. 

I think she has gotten more attractive with age.  there are just some women that age seems to improve ( although its hard to tell how much is taking care of themselves and how much is surgical or injected. )

I thought this was the WORST SB commercials Ive ever sat through - Most were just normal commercials - and the others felt like they were trying to hard or were just too sappy - SB commercials are supposed to be hilarious and memorable - these were not. I kept commenting to my son about not seeing any Bud Commercials etc.  - just an overall disappointment - usually its something to look forward to when your team is not in the game.