Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why would Tucker Carlson give Putin a Platform?
Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
It different now because it's a different context.  Putin has engaged in a war and the political dynamic of support in our country.  He's as involved in disrupting our systems now as he has been.  The interviews you refer to were in 2014, 2015, 2017, time marches on, hopefully we learned something.   
Those interviews were from 2014 and 2015 so way different?  Huh?  Russia invaded and annexed Crimea in 2014 so pretty much identical  I'm not sure where the angst comes from with this interview.  Why did Carlson do the interview?  The same reason the others did similar interviews (Hussein, Gaddafi)...for ratings.  The Left has decided anything they disagree with should be deplatformed.  From complaining to CNN about interviewing Trump, to leaning on socials to block certain viewpoints, to blocking Conservative speakers on campuses...it's all harmful to the Country.  When people stop exchanging ideas...bad things happen.  Look at the hyperpoliticized World we find ourselves in.  Putin has always been a master propagandist.  You think he swayed much public opinion?  He didn't...any more that Hussein swayed opinion on the eve of the Iraqi War or Gaddafi during their conflict or the interviews with Assad, etc.  

P.S. - I was hoping Putin would look sicker and less in control....dude can't die fast enough.

Quote: @"badgervike" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
It different now because it's a different context.  Putin has engaged in a war and the political dynamic of support in our country.  He's as involved in disrupting our systems now as he has been.  The interviews you refer to were in 2014, 2015, 2017, time marches on, hopefully we learned something.   
Those interviews were from 2014 and 2015 so way different?  Huh?  Russia invaded and annexed Crimea in 2014 so pretty much identical  I'm not sure where the angst comes from with this interview.  Why did Carlson do the interview?  The same reason the others did similar interviews (Hussein, Gaddafi)...for ratings.  The Left has decided anything they disagree with should be deplatformed.  From complaining to CNN about interviewing Trump, to leaning on socials to block certain viewpoints, to blocking Conservative speakers on campuses...it's all harmful to the Country.  When people stop exchanging ideas...bad things happen.  Look at the hyperpoliticized World we find ourselves in.  Putin has always been a master propagandist.  You think he swayed much public opinion?  He didn't...any more that Hussein swayed opinion on the eve of the Iraqi War or Gaddafi during their conflict or the interviews with Assad, etc.  

P.S. - I was hoping Putin would look sicker and less in control....dude can't die fast enough.
"Pretty Much Identical?"

Did the Crimean annexation take a fraction of the time, or lives lost, or cause anything like the level of ripples this has done?

Seriously, is this a cry for help, or something? That statement might be the biggest example of easily-disproven BS not involving "gEnoCide"!

This situation is much heavier, has new members joining NATO, has us authorizing F-16s and FA-18s along with Bradleys and M-1s...they're not even remotely comparable.

Quote: @"badgervike" said:
@"BigAl99" said:

First off those were done by Journalists, not someone who's employer, Fox, stated in court "given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism" and the Judge agreed stating, "Whether the Court frames Mr. Carlson's statements as 'exaggeration,'
'non-literal commentary,' or simply bloviating for his audience, the
conclusion remains the same — the statements are not actionable."  Tucker is many things but a journalist he is not, he just grifting for relevancy in the Right Wing spin-o-sphere.  Trending on X is his KPI, pun intended, to Tucker Truth don't matter. 
As far as the rest of the monolithic left banter go to that happy place and "say there are good people on both sides".

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"BigAl99" said:

"Pretty Much Identical?"

Did the Crimean annexation take a fraction of the time, or lives lost, or cause anything like the level of ripples this has done?

Seriously, is this a cry for help, or something? That statement might be the biggest example of easily-disproven BS not involving "gEnoCide"!

This situation is much heavier, has new members joining NATO, has us authorizing F-16s and FA-18s along with Bradleys and M-1s...they're not even remotely comparable.

the difference is they fought back this time,  had they fought back last time there would have been more death and military involvement,  and of course the 10% for the big guy,  not to mention they thought they still had that dog on their leash.

@"badgervike" said:
@"BigAl99" said:

"Pretty Much Identical?"

And if Ukraine rolled over and played dead and gave up the 4 recently "annexed" regions like they did in the Crimea conflict...the war would be over as well..with no tanks and F16's and minimal loss of life.  But it's the death of 100 cuts and Ukraine decided to fight back this time.  That's all I was saying...  I know you have people you care about there (as do I) so it's a sensitive subject for you. Certainly from a US perspective, I would view Rather and Wallace interviewing Hussein as US troops were amassing on Iraq's border a more significant question of journalistic judgement.

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"BigAl99" said:

First off those were done by Journalists, not someone who's employer, Fox, stated in court "given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism" and the Judge agreed stating, "Whether the Court frames Mr. Carlson's statements as 'exaggeration,'
conclusion remains the same — the statements are not actionable."  Tucker is many things but a journalist he is not, he just grifting for relevancy in the Right Wing spin-o-sphere.  Trending on X is his KPI, pun intended, to Tucker Truth don't matter. 
As far as the rest of the monolithic left banter go to that happy place and "say there are good people on both sides".
If you agree with their bent,  they are "journalists "  if not they are grifters,  sounds completely rational to me,  but I'm sure you followed the facts and the science to come to your conclusions so....sleep well.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"BigAl99" said:

If you agree with their bent,  they are "journalists "  if not they are grifters,  sounds completely rational to me,  but I'm sure you followed the facts and the science to come to your conclusions so....sleep well.
As much as I utterly question most of our media, Carlson has smeared himself in s**t as a full-on liar for Trumplestilskin, and for Faux Nooz, and as a putin apologist...all consistently. He is nothing like a journalist, he's the lowest level of sensationalist assclown anywhere near "news". Seriously, he's a one-lying-imbecile answer to "The View".

Given that he's been caught and discredited as often as he has, he's another that makes me completely baffled as to why he has a single fan, anywhere.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
@"badgervike" said:
@"BigAl99" said:

As much as I utterly question most of our media, Carlson has smeared himself in s**t as a full-on liar for Trumplestilskin, and for Faux Nooz, and as a putin apologist...all consistently. He is nothing like a journalist, he's the lowest level of sensationalist assclown anywhere near "news". Seriously, he's a one-lying-imbecile answer to "The View".

Given that he's been caught and discredited as often as he has, he's another that makes me completely baffled as to why he has a single fan, anywhere.
This. Lets please not act like Tucker is some kind of real journalist.....or even a real person. He's a gross, contrived caricature in the mold of a Skip Bayless. 

Why is everyone getting their panties in a twist over this?  Ive watched roughly 0 minutes of Tucker Carlson in my life so its not like he’s my go to guy.  

But what difference does it make?  Don’t watch the interview if you don’t want to. It’s words.  Not bombs. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
Why is everyone getting their panties in a twist over this?  Ive watched roughly 0 minutes of Tucker Carlson in my life so its not like he’s my go to guy.  

But what difference does it make?  Don’t watch the interview if you don’t want to. It’s words.  Not bombs. 
Is this your first day online?  :p