Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowboys expected to hire Zimmer
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Bullazin said:
after bud and denny, i cant think of a better HC we had. Zim is old school hard ass, doesnt play up in todays ratings. 
I'd rank him highly too, in spite of my own personal dislike for him. 

Not sure if I would rank him above Burnsie though? (edit: looking at stats, its pretty close)

Burnsie:  6 years, .547 reg season, 6 playoff appearances, .500, overall: 545 win %
Zimsu:    8 years,  .562 reg season,  5 playoff appearances, .400, overall 556 win%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Minnesota_Vikings_head_coaches
How could you not like Burnsie lol. Ive only been to a few games but that 87 win in SFO playoff was easily my fav game.  if not for Darrin Nelson being 5’ tall with 25” arms, we beat the Skins and go to the big dance. 

The game evolved while he was HC. NFL figured him out long before his tenure was over and his adjustments came too late in too many games. 

I dont see Zimsu relating to this generation of players well. We'll see if he can get more out of Micah and the Boyz than Quinn did.

I'm frankly surprised at the hire, even though McCarthy likes former HC's on staff. This hire smells like Jerruh;s cologne. 
I don't think I agree with this.  I think the talent level on D was just too depleted for too many years to really confidently say that.

I do think the young guys will struggle with his bluntness though.

Curious, has anyone seen or heard anything from Mike on the loss of his son, seems strange to me, IDK…?

Quote: @medaille said:
@purplefaithful said:
The game evolved while he was HC. NFL figured him out long before his tenure was over and his adjustments came too late in too many games. 

I dont see Zimsu relating to this generation of players well. We'll see if he can get more out of Micah and the Boyz than Quinn did.

I'm frankly surprised at the hire, even though McCarthy likes former HC's on staff. This hire smells like Jerruh;s cologne. 
I don't think I agree with this.  I think the talent level on D was just too depleted for too many years to really confidently say that.

I do think the young guys will struggle with his bluntness though.
Its probably not and either or with Rhodes and some key players over the hill or gone.

But the A gap blitz was figured out over time and that was his calling car for quite some time too. 

Jayron kearse got 86'd in Minnesota because of his turdish behavior. 

He now plays for cowboys,

Awkward! 

I always liked Zim. Good for him getting his feet under him and being back in the league.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
I always liked Zim. Good for him getting his feet under him and being back in the league.
Dude has been through the grist mill of life man and keeps going. 

Quote: @Kentis said:
Curious, has anyone seen or heard anything from Mike on the loss of his son, seems strange to me, IDK…?
I haven't but I can totally see why. No everyone wants to speak on their grief and loss, he definitely seems old school on that as well 

Ex-Vikings coach Mike Zimmer, 67, expected to be defensive coordinator for the Cowboys, collected approximately $16 million from the Vikings since his firing two years ago. He’ll work for the Cowboys next season for about $3.5 million.
https://www.twincities.com/2024/02/10/charley-walters-totino-graces-joe-alt-following-fathers-nfl-footsteps/

Ex-Vikings coach Mike Zimmer, 67, expected to be defensive coordinator for the Cowboys, collected approximately $16 million from the Vikings since his firing two years ago. He’ll work for the Cowboys next season for about $3.5 million.
https://www.twincities.com/2024/02/10/charley-walters-totino-graces-joe-alt-following-fathers-nfl-footsteps/
Its a great gig if you can get one.