Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cowboys expected to hire Zimmer
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3948...ource-says

Good for Mike..he's got a lot of talent in Dallas to work with 

He's a hell of a defensive coach, zero doubt about it. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
That gets lost in his downfall. Always loved the way he adjusted. He wasn't the best game planner. We would frequently get down early in games, but he was good at figuring out what the offense was doing and then adjusting to it. Loved the quote from Aaron Rodgers when asked what happened after the 1st quarter in which the Packers moved the ball at will, but had only 1st down the rest of the game: "Mike Zimmer happened."

I think it makes sense. Jerry Jones likes him and I can see him getting along with Mike McCarthy 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
That gets lost in his downfall. Always loved the way he adjusted. He wasn't the best game planner. We would frequently get down early in games, but he was good at figuring out what the offense was doing and then adjusting to it. Loved the quote from Aaron Rodgers when asked what happened after the 1st quarter in which the Packers moved the ball at will, but had only 1st down the rest of the game: "Mike Zimmer happened."
His adjustments always stood out to me also. Just really, really good at figuring out what the offense was doing the first part of a game, making adjustments and settling in.

I always liked Zimm. Certainly had his faults, but it was a shame he was having to replace offensive coordinators every season.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
His adjustments always stood out to me also. Just really, really good at figuring out what the offense was doing the first part of a game, making adjustments and settling in.

I always liked Zimm. Certainly had his faults, but it was a shame he was having to replace offensive coordinators every season.
He was never meant to be a HC. Too much of a dick.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

He was never meant to be a HC. Too much of a dick.
If Walsh makes a chip shot field goal, if Teddy doesn't almost have his leg amputated on a freak injury, if he was able to retain Shurmur/Stefanski...who knows, we might be singing a different tune 

The game evolved while he was HC. NFL figured him out long before his tenure was over and his adjustments came too late in too many games. 

I dont see Zimsu relating to this generation of players well. We'll see if he can get more out of Micah and the Boyz than Quinn did.

I'm frankly surprised at the hire, even though McCarthy likes former HC's on staff. This hire smells like Jerruh;s cologne. 

after bud and denny, i cant think of a better HC we had. Zim is old school hard ass, doesnt play up in todays ratings. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
after bud and denny, i cant think of a better HC we had. Zim is old school hard ass, doesnt play up in todays ratings. 
I'd rank him highly too, in spite of my own personal dislike for him. 

Not sure if I would rank him above Burnsie though? (edit: looking at stats, its pretty close)

Burnsie:  6 years, .547 reg season, 6 playoff appearances, .500, overall: 545 win %
Zimsu:    8 years,  .562 reg season,  5 playoff appearances, .400, overall 556 win%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Minnesota_Vikings_head_coaches