Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading from 12 to 3 etc...
You know KAM would sell the 3rd pick for less. See example moving from 12 to 32

Quote: @"Knucklehead" said:
Trading the farm to select a QB is a solid strategy for a team that has a complete roster & needs a QB for their final piece. That's not us. Trading away that draft capital will hamper our ability to build the roster inexpensively.
If the team did this sort of trade, I would of course get behind it & hope for the best.
I see it the other way around.  If you don't have a QB, nothing else matters.  Plus Geoff was alluding to next year and the flexibility with the cap, we'd be able to fill holes in the roster with high level free agents.

Scenario:

If Minnesota were to give Chicago similar compensation as the Cards got last year.  Let's say 1 & 2 this year, 1 & 3 next year to move to #1.  Chicago could parlay both #1s this year to move up to 2 or 3 (and probably get a 3rd back) if they were really serious about moving on from Fields and they'd still have an extra #1 next year.  Or they could have the draft capital to completely re-make their roster and stick with Fields. 

This all checks out on the NFL Draft Value Chart, by the way 

Quote: @"Still Hurtn" said:
You know KAM would sell the 3rd pick for less. See example moving from 12 to 32

His first draft totally backfired on him. He traded with the Lions and the Packers and see what happened. Watching him high-five after picks now is a totally different vibe, just embarrassing.

The challenge is that the top 3 really need a QB, Chicago is not going to pass on being able to draft Williams, hopefully Washington or NE pick up someone before the draft and could potentially be a trade partner.  The big question is if one of the 2nd tier guys, Nix, Penix, McCarthy are capable prospects at 11 or if the gap is so much larger with Maye/Daniels that we really need to move up.  

Quote: @"JR44" said:
The challenge is that the top 3 really need a QB, Chicago is not going to pass on being able to draft Williams, hopefully Washington or NE pick up someone before the draft and could potentially be a trade partner.  The big question is if one of the 2nd tier guys, Nix, Penix, McCarthy are capable prospects at 11 or if the gap is so much larger with Maye/Daniels that we really need to move up.  
In my opinion...Nix, JMM, Penix are all long term projects...none of whom should even come close to starting next year.  Though if Kirk comes back any of these guys are worth a chance to see if they can be the successor.

Nix is Aaron Rodgers 2.0. It’s like scouting the same guy all over again. Arm talent is the same, accuracy similar, ball placement, fast release, short pocket time, ability to hit guys spot on with all kinds of srm angles, and especially finding creative ways out of bad spots. 

This is Rodgers and especially Pat Mahomes all over again. Nearly every single scout and media person had a mid late 1st round status on Pat and many 2nd round. They were more favorable than GM’s who had him as a 4th rounder or day 3 guy. The tape showed me a guy who was easily a top 5 player overall and one of the best prospects I have ever looked at. Now Nix does not have Pat’s insane arm talent, but it is excellent though. On one pass I watched, Nix dropped it on his guy 60 air yards out while rolling to his right. There are many NFL QB’s unable to do that, yet that’s not what you will read in a scouting report. 

If the Vikings are lucky, they just may get a shot at him at 11. They may even be able to drop a few and gain another pick or two. This is what I’m hopng to see. No trade up to 3. 

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
Nix is Aaron Rodgers 2.0. It’s like scouting the same guy all over again. Arm talent is the same, accuracy similar, ball placement, fast release, short pocket time, ability to hit guys spot on with all kinds of srm angles, and especially finding creative ways out of bad spots. 

This is Rodgers and especially Pat Mahomes all over again.

You are the first person I've read that has this glowing of a take on Nix. 

If he is that good? I suspect he'll end-up a Packer  Wink

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:

This is Rodgers and especially Pat Mahomes all over again.

You are the first person I've read that has this glowing of a take on Nix. 

If he is that good? I suspect he'll end-up a Packer  Wink

Havoc knows his stuff. That said, I don't trust evaluations that tell only one side of the story. Nix has weaknesses too. 

It's hard to compare draft picks unless you're listing both their strengths and weaknesses. That gives you an idea of some weaknesses that maybe we shouldn't be so concerned about. Mahomes, for example, was said to be reckless coming out. OK, so maybe we push recklessness down a notch among the traits that matter. At any rate, there were many many people who thought Mahomes game would never translate to the NFL. 

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:

This is Rodgers and especially Pat Mahomes all over again. Nearly every single scout and media person had a mid late 1st round status on Pat and many 2nd round. They were more favorable than GM’s who had him as a 4th rounder or day 3 guy. The tape showed me a guy who was easily a top 5 player overall and one of the best prospects I have ever looked at. Now Nix does not have Pat’s insane arm talent, but it is excellent though. On one pass I watched, Nix dropped it on his guy 60 air yards out while rolling to his right. There are many NFL QB’s unable to do that, yet that’s not what you will read in a scouting report. 

If the Vikings are lucky, they just may get a shot at him at 11. They may even be able to drop a few and gain another pick or two. This is what I’m hopng to see. No trade up to 3. 
I’m obviously not very sold on Nix, but I’m much better with the pick if Cousins sticks around. I personally don’t think any of the second tier should see the field this year outside of mop up duty or emergency situations