Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ's first mock
Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
We need a disruptive defensive lineman and in my opinion that’s Newton over Murphy. Either way, if we don’t go QB, DT is the route I’d take. 
I’m not surprised by how he views JJM and Penix at this point. I suspect Penix will be viewed as a top 10 guy with just too risky of an injury profile. I feel for the guy, but missing so much time can’t be ignored by GM’s. He’s a franchise QB if his body cooperates. JJM is super young. He may feel teams look at the Zach Wilson’s and are a little gun shy.

JJ’s best scenario puts him behind a vet for a couple of years. He has all the tools, but it’s a big step even coming from Michigan. I suspect he will get a serious look from the Vikings along with Nix if they decide to draft one at 11. Personally, I’d dig deep on those two and even Penix and pull the trigger at 11 while saving picks and maybe even presenting an opportunity to trade down a couple of spots and still get their guy. 
Lastly, I expect the Vikings drop a boat load of picks on the Cards if the Bears go Harrison and Washington is all in on Maye. 
I agree with this...

As much as many want the Vikings to get one of the "top 3" qb's, the cost will be prohibitive for something that is not a certainty ala MHJ.

AND it takes 2 to tango. Two of those top 3 teams are all qb needy and one is in our division. 

Just wait until after the “dog and pony show” of the combine. Kids will have a great combine, and all of a sudden their game film flies out the window.

I think EDGE or CB are more likely that D-line. Just my take on how Flores has built his defenses historically. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
I think EDGE or CB are more likely that D-line. Just my take on how Flores has built his defenses historically. 
I'd take a reciever before I took another cornerback, but EDGE make sense with so much uncertainty heading into the offseason. I still feel our talent along the defensive line is underwhelming and we could use a difference maker up front. 

Theres got to be something to drafting the QB you like tge traits on and sitting him for a bit like the cheese fkers have done so well. 

If we cant scratch the top 3. JKJ Mcarthy is young enough to sit and seems to have a chunk of the traits. Figure out how to get him and some help on D. 

We’ve got some climbing to do because the NFCN is a juggernaut right now. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
I'd take a reciever before I took another cornerback, but EDGE make sense with so much uncertainty heading into the offseason. I still feel our talent along the defensive line is underwhelming and we could use a difference maker up front. 
I think it would be fun to watch Flores open up the scheme more with a CB he trusts. The only starting level CBs on the roster are Byron Murphy and Metellus if you consider him a CB. There were some awfully large compromises in scheme once Murphy went out. 

Still would prioritize EDGE over CB though. Adding a high-end WR3 really doesn't do much. Maybe a mid-round draft pick. 

@supafreak84 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
I think it would be fun to watch Flores open up the scheme more with a CB he trusts. The only starting level CBs on the roster are Byron Murphy and Metellus if you consider him a CB. There were some awfully large compromises in scheme once Murphy went out. 

Still would prioritize EDGE over CB though. Adding a high-end WR3 really doesn't do much. Maybe a mid-round draft pick. 
Looks like Wiggins and DeJean are the two top guys, which would be the better fit for Flores? You want see rioting in the streets...let Kwesi draft another Clemson corner with McCarthy or Penix still on the board. 

My argument for receiver is we don't have much behind Jefferson and Addison. KJ is a free agent that is going to get some interest from other teams. If my choice at #11 was between say taking Rome Odunze and having he and Jefferson on the outside with Addison in the slot, or taking Wiggins...I'd heavily lean towards the receiver. You really have to have multiple options in the receiving game in today's NFL and KOC will want that offense cooking whether it's Cousins, Russell Wilson or whomever. 

On Bryron Murphy, I like him. Plays violent and led all defensive tackles in FBS in quarterback pressure rate. Texas played him on the nose a lot but still managed to be a disruptor. He's probably better suited as a 3 or 5 technique moving forward. Coming out as a 21 year old underclassmen so there's upside there. Highly regarded high school recruit. Defensive line is a big need for us and if we don't take a quarterback...sign me up. Murphy, Roy and Harrison Phillips would be formidable 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@supafreak84 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:

Looks like Wiggins and DeJean are the two top guys, which would be the better fit for Flores? You want see rioting in the streets...let Kwesi draft another Clemson corner with McCarthy or Penix still on the board. 

My argument for receiver is we don't have much behind Jefferson and Addison. KJ is a free agent that is going to get some interest from other teams. If my choice at #11 was between say taking Rome Odunze and having he and Jefferson on the outside with Addison in the slot, or taking Wiggins...I'd heavily lean towards the receiver. You really have to have multiple options in the receiving game in today's NFL and KOC will want that offense cooking whether it's Cousins, Russell Wilson or whomever. 
Even if KJ cost $5-6M/yr it would be a better allocation of resources vs. spending a 1st round pick and a $4M cap hit in 2024. Basically, KJ or a WR 3 you can add in FA would arguably be cheaper than a high-end draft pick. 

Aside from that, I wouldn't worry too much about the fact Wiggins is from Clemson. Would the Bears be upset with CJ Stroud since Fields went to OSU? Each player deserves their own evaluation. But I would probably rate Terrion Arnold higher than each of those two. He offers versatility and his athleticism/hips offer CB1 upside. 

@supafreak84 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@supafreak84 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:

Even if KJ cost $5-6M/yr it would be a better allocation of resources vs. spending a 1st round pick and a $4M cap hit in 2024. Basically, KJ or a WR 3 you can add in FA would arguably be cheaper than a high-end draft pick. 

Aside from that, I wouldn't worry too much about the fact Wiggins is from Clemson. Would the Bears be upset with CJ Stroud since Fields went to OSU? Each player deserves their own evaluation. But I would probably rate Terrion Arnold higher than each of those two. He offers versatility and his athleticism/hips offer CB1 upside. 
True, but you wouldn't be getting the same quality player (likely) and insurance in case of injury to JJ or Addison. KJ didn't really produce this year. 5 of the top 20 ranked players on the GBN Big Board are wide receivers. If you really wanted to take BPA, an argument could be made for reciever. I'm not saying that's going to be the pick, but you could make an argument for it in lew of taking another corner. 

And I get that every player deserves to be judged on his own merits, but with the way Booth has flubbed for us (and MacKenzie Alexander before him), I would not want to be Kwesi dipping into the Clemson cornerback pool again.