Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who's watching the last Viking's game?
Hell yeah, I'm watching. If the Vikings win and the Packers lose and Seattle loses and Tampa or the Saints lose, playoffs baby!!!!!

I'm sure I will, haven't missed too many over the years 

I'm watching the Jacks play Montana. Go Jacks!

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
I'm watching. Maybe not the whole game if it gets ugly, but I'll definitely watch most of it. And even though I can't root for a loss while the game is going, intellectually, I want a loss and for Chicago, Atlanta, and Las Vegas to win. Throw in a win for the Jets while you're at it. 
Just read that the Vikings can't get the Jets slot, so there goes that dream. Also read that if the Vikings win, and a few other things happen, they could pick as low as 16. So somewhere between 9 and 16. 

It's possible that the Vikings and Jets could finish as the only teams at 7-10, but the Jets will finish with a lower strength of schedule than the Vikings because the Jets play the lowly Patriots this week while the Vikings' strength of schedule will rise against the 11-win Lions. The Jets and Vikings have identical .507 strength of schedule entering the final week of the regular season. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"dadevike" said:
I'm watching. Maybe not the whole game if it gets ugly, but I'll definitely watch most of it. And even though I can't root for a loss while the game is going, intellectually, I want a loss and for Chicago, Atlanta, and Las Vegas to win. Throw in a win for the Jets while you're at it. 
Just read that the Vikings can't get the Jets slot, so there goes that dream. Also read that if the Vikings win, and a few other things happen, they could pick as low as 16. So somewhere between 9 and 16. 

Well this will make a fan nauseous. 

15 or 16 would be brutal. It’s a bummer GB and SEA play after us since our playoff fate is in their hands.

Throwing up in my mouth a bit as I type this but we should absolutely be trying to lose this football game. 

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
15 or 16 would be brutal. It’s a bummer GB and SEA play after us since our playoff fate is in their hands.

Throwing up in my mouth a bit as I type this but we should absolutely be trying to lose this football game. 
I doubt I'll root for a loss. Probably just be indifferent. But the worst thing that can happen--and this is the year for it--is winning but then not having one of the other pieces fall like they have to in order to make the playoffs. 

No, I wouldn't be looking forward to watching this decimated team in the playoffs, but I think there's a chance we could play Philly, who is really struggling right now. 

@"dadevike" said:

It's possible that the Vikings and Jets could finish as the only teams at 7-10, but the Jets will finish with a lower strength of schedule than the Vikings because the Jets play the lowly Patriots this week while the Vikings' strength of schedule will rise against the 11-win Lions. The Jets and Vikings have identical .507 strength of schedule entering the final week of the regular season. 

It's still possible to finish ahead of the Jets although unlikely. If all or even most of the teams that the Jets played this season win this week, that would increase the Jets strength of schedule percentage. The .507 isn't set in stone yet.

FWIW, if all the favored teams win this weekend, the Vikings will move up to the 11th slot. 

@"dadevike" said:

Yes, I was aware of that. If we end up with the same record, the Jets pick ahead of us because of SOS. But don't we flip-flop for Round 2? It's not much, but it's something. That's why I said to throw in a Jets win while you're at it.