Bears secure 1st overall pick in draft
Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
So i guess Fields is now on the market

I;m not convinced the Bears have closure on that yet...
Crowd was chanting "We want Fields" at the end of the game. Bears have a tough decision to make, but options are good 
Yep they’re options look great. If they keep Fields and trade out of #1, they’ll have 3 firsts this year, multiple 2nds+, and multiple firsts+ next year. They could really reload that roster.  Heck if things fall right they could trade back multiple times and have 4 FRPs this year. 
But they still won't have a QB. 
They could still get one
Yeah they either have Fields who’s playing really well since he came back from his injury, or they trade away #1, get a massive haul, and enter the Daniels/Nix/JJM sweepstakes we find ourselves in. And trade Fields for an extra 2/3.

And they’re 7/9 right now. I could see them making a big leap before next season, unfortunately. 

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:

Crowd was chanting "We want Fields" at the end of the game. Bears have a tough decision to make, but options are good 
Yep they’re options look great. If they keep Fields and trade out of #1, they’ll have 3 firsts this year, multiple 2nds+, and multiple firsts+ next year. They could really reload that roster.  Heck if things fall right they could trade back multiple times and have 4 FRPs this year. 
If i was them Id trade out again and keep bringing in superior talent. Try for 3x firsts.  

Fields' completion pct. has been crap and is still crap. The Bears defense has kept them in the games they've won. The problem for us is they could still win with Fields as long as they pile up good picks to put in place around him. 

Fields is gonna be fine. They should draft an Edge and OT and keep building. 

Remember half the fans on this board didnt want Lamar Jackson and said Love was a bust. 

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:

Remember half the fans on this board didnt want Lamar Jackson and said Love was a bust. 
Fields is different than both Jackson and Love. He's just not on that level. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:

Yep, won't be easy. And I just don't see it with Bryce Young. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:

Said it before the draft that I just didn't see it with him and expecting a guy that small to buck 30+ years of data that says small QB's don't work out in the NFL was a huge ask. What an utter shitshow in Carolina. 

Say what you want about Poles, but what he did in that trade with the Panthers was highway robbery 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:

Said it before the draft that I just didn't see it with him and expecting a guy that small to buck 30+ years of data that says small QB's don't work out in the NFL was a huge ask. What an utter shitshow in Carolina. 

Say what you want about Poles, but what he did in that trade with the Panthers was highway robbery 
Easier to commit highway robbery if you're always on the highway. And the book is far from closed on Young. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:

Easier to commit highway robbery if you're always on the highway. And the book is far from closed on Young. 
And thats the thing with the Bears. Like Detroit, they have been shitty for so long they stacked draft capital.  I dont want to tank and suck.  i would rather suffer with a competitive team with a chip in the game.  This years team was not far off from contending. If KC stays healthy i think we are sitting pretty and playing into late January or even early February 

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:

Think Fields will be fine with some more playmakers.  Some qb's just need a few years to adjust to the NFL.

Think the jury may still be out on Love, he certainly doesn't look like a bust but he certainly isn't as good as the Viking defense made him look.  He had receivers open all game and it didn't take much to complete those passes.