Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Opening line for Michigan/Iowa is... odd.
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Ok, no crazy shit went down, looks like Michigan will be the new #1 team in the land. Good stuff. Will be interesting to see who gets in: Texas? Probably. FSU? More than likely, although definitely weakest of the 4 playoff teams. Can Alabama get in? Should they? I think they are a MUCH better team than FSU. 
I think Bama should get in and they'd beat FSU 75% of the time... I also think Bama would win it all.

But I am also unabashedly a Tide fan.
Georgia AND Alabama should both get in if things were 100% accurate. The 4 best teams in the country are Michigan, Washington, Alabama and Georgia. IMO, without a doubt. Texas has a legit bitch they way they punked the Tide's ass in Tuscaloosa. But no way will the playoff committee do this.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Ok, no crazy shit went down, looks like Michigan will be the new #1 team in the land. Good stuff. Will be interesting to see who gets in: Texas? Probably. FSU? More than likely, although definitely weakest of the 4 playoff teams. Can Alabama get in? Should they? I think they are a MUCH better team than FSU. 
I think Bama should get in and they'd beat FSU 75% of the time... I also think Bama would win it all.

But I am also unabashedly a Tide fan.
Georgia AND Alabama should both get in if things were 100% accurate. The 4 best teams in the country are Michigan, Washington, Alabama and Georgia. IMO, without a doubt. Texas has a legit bitch they way they punked the Tide's ass in Tuscaloosa. But no way will the playoff committee do this.
They just did  B)  Well, they punked Georgia. You know the SEC fans will go ape about Georgia being out and Bama being #4.  But it makes sense.  Michigan and Washington 1/2 as undefeated champions, Texas and Alabama at 12-1 with Texas getting 3 for beating Alabama.  FSU has a legit reason to yell being 13-0 but without their starting QB they only scored 16 points beating a Louisville team that gave up 38 to Pitt.  Committee clearly felt they had no chance to win without Travis so putting them in would have been wasting a spot.

As for Michigan/Iowa, I watched Iowa go 3-and-out, Michigan hit 3 passes to wide open receivers, said "Game over", and turned the channel with 12 minutes still left in the first quarter  :o