Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Opening line for Michigan/Iowa is... odd.
Pretty sure I've never seen a 22.5 favorite with an over/under of 35. Michigan literally can't cover and hit the under if Iowa scores a TD.  29-6 would be a push.  Coincidentally, I saw on twitter Saturday that the last 10 Iowa games with o/u 35 or lower have hit the under. The Nebraska/Iowa game had an insane 24.5 o/u and they even limboed under that. 

So if you think Iowa scores a TD Saturday, take either the points or the over.

I saw that. Good Iowa D and an atrocious offense supports something like that. 

Betting on the Hawks, is like betting on the Vikes.  Think you got a sure thing?  Nope, here comes the red hot Iowa offense that hasn't been seen in 3 years to screw you over.  Sure they will score a touch down?  Nah, but here is 2 meaningless field goals instead. 

Take the over and even give the points.  If the Hawks score a touchdown it will be off a turnover and the defense scores.  The All-American corner Cooper DeJean is out and replaced by a freshman.  The Hawks got manhandled by Penn State earlier in the season and this game should be a similar beatdown.  Remember the Hawks gained 12 yards of offense in the 2nd half against the Gophers just a few weeks ago.

Sticky was right the offense is offensive and atrocious but when you have a 260 lb quarterback that only throws fastballs in the area of his receivers what do you expect.

[Image: kPF_9mNX?format=jpg&name=medium]

Iowa will probably be shutout so the big question is how much will Michigan score. 

With the kick to the nuts last night, part of me now expects the knockout blow to be Iowa beating Michigan in a huge upset. Would completely solidify that Sticky cannot have any nice things as a sports fan and should stick to watching the Professional Bowlers Association tour. 

Ok, no crazy shit went down, looks like Michigan will be the new #1 team in the land. Good stuff. Will be interesting to see who gets in: Texas? Probably. FSU? More than likely, although definitely weakest of the 4 playoff teams. Can Alabama get in? Should they? I think they are a MUCH better team than FSU. 

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Iowa will probably be shutout so the big question is how much will Michigan score. 
Nice one here, Swami!

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Ok, no crazy shit went down, looks like Michigan will be the new #1 team in the land. Good stuff. Will be interesting to see who gets in: Texas? Probably. FSU? More than likely, although definitely weakest of the 4 playoff teams. Can Alabama get in? Should they? I think they are a MUCH better team than FSU. 
I think Bama should get in and they'd beat FSU 75% of the time... I also think Bama would win it all.

But I am also unabashedly a Tide fan.