Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pacheco
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@comet52 said:
Watching the Chiefs blow that game (along with my wager on them) reminded me in many ways of watching us blow it at Denver the night before.  Little mistakes and screw ups over the course of a game add up to a loss even though you outplay the other team.
Thought the same thing...

you dont put teams away? you're playing with fire. 
that was my biggest issue with Zimmer,  he talked like a tough guy, but coached like a pussy.  Those occassions that the team would get a lead, he would crawl into a shell offensively letting the opposing team claw its way back in,  then he would dial shit up for a stop that once in a while wouldnt work.  Why not try and stop them in the 3rd quarter when they are gaining momentum instead of  waiting until you've lost it, same with the O... what is wrong with hanging 40 on a team?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@comet52 said:
Watching the Chiefs blow that game (along with my wager on them) reminded me in many ways of watching us blow it at Denver the night before.  Little mistakes and screw ups over the course of a game add up to a loss even though you outplay the other team.

that was my biggest issue with Zimmer,  he talked like a tough guy, but coached like a pussy.  Those occassions that the team would get a lead, he would crawl into a shell offensively letting the opposing team claw its way back in,  then he would dial shit up for a stop that once in a while wouldnt work.  Why not try and stop them in the 3rd quarter when they are gaining momentum instead of  waiting until you've lost it, same with the O... what is wrong with hanging 40 on a team?
You work so hard to get a man down, you should kick him while he's down! Happy Thanksgiving!

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@comet52 said:

You work so hard to get a man down, you should kick him while he's down! Happy Thanksgiving!
I dont know about kicking,  but you damn well better put a cleat on his throat to keep him from getting back up.

@jargomcfargo said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@comet52 said:

I dont know about kicking,  but you damn well better put a cleat on his throat to keep him from getting back up.
I went through special forces training a long time ago and that was a saying we heard often; especially in the hand to hand pits where we had to do just that. And if you didn't kick them hard enough they would put you in the front leaning rest position and have everyone else come an kick you. And if they didn't kick hard enough they would have to get down and get kicked. 
The actual saying was, "when you get a man down, kick him or he might get back up and kick your ass".

A metaphor for letting up when you have the lead.

@jargomcfargo said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@comet52 said:

Zim could not kick. He had kicking problems his entire time here. Just saying