Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defense lost this game
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
Lol, the offense turns the ball over 3 times and its the defenses fault?  What game did you watch?  5 field goals, a touchdown and a missed two pointer. The defense kicked ass and took names. 
Yeah, its the D and somehow the play calling......yet the turnover ratio was -3. And a no call from the refs that somehow now is a 4 game suspension. Fans are going to fan. Too close to the forest. I find them at their best complaining about draft picks that the team didn't make.
A couple guys here told me it was KAM out there making bad plays and screwing it up.  

Nonsense. Everyone wants to blame something or someone. Hell, the first two posts in this thread are about where to assign blame. 
The Vikings were playing without QB1, WR1, ILB1, OLB2, CB2 and RB2. Despite this, the Vikings were in control most of the game. They had 175 yards rushing to the Broncos 46. They dominated time of possession and held Denver to 2 of 12 on 3rd downs and 1 of 5 in the red zone, forcing Denver to settle for 5 FGs, one of which happened after the Broncos recovered a fumble caused by a foul so flagrant, yet unflagged, the defender has been suspended for 4 games.
Sometimes it just happens. You can't turn the ball over 3 times and expect to win, even against a team you dominate. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
Lol, the offense turns the ball over 3 times and its the defenses fault?  What game did you watch?  5 field goals, a touchdown and a missed two pointer. The defense kicked ass and took names. 
Yeah, its the D and somehow the play calling......yet the turnover ratio was -3. And a no call from the refs that somehow now is a 4 game suspension. Fans are going to fan. Too close to the forest. I find them at their best complaining about draft picks that the team didn't make.
Well that one time we didn’t pick the gift of Kyle Hamilton will always piss me off. 
Don't ever forget when we drafted Barr...

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
Well that one time we didn’t pick the gift of Kyle Hamilton will always piss me off. 
For a team that drafted Troy Williamson, Matt Kalil, Laquon Treadwell and Mike Hughes, among others, your source of draft anger lies with 4-time Pro Bowler Anthony Barr?  

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
For a team that drafted Troy Williamson, Matt Kalil, Laquon Treadwell and Mike Hughes, among others, your source of draft anger lies with 4-time Pro Bowler Anthony Barr?  
LOL.... you say that like the pro bowl matters   and yes,  when you pass on a future HOF player ( who has been named first team all pro 7 time in his career ) for a guy that was only good at his position... I'm not likely to forget that gaff.  I know some think Barr was some kind of special player,  hell I went along with it for a year or two as well thinking I was maybe missing something,  but fact is he rarely played up to his draft position or message board hype.

wasnt it you that was on the Donald train with me and a couple others, prior to that draft?

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Nonsense. Everyone wants to blame something or someone. Hell, the first two posts in this thread are about where to assign blame. 
The Vikings were playing without QB1, WR1, ILB1, OLB2, CB2 and RB2. Despite this, the Vikings were in control most of the game. They had 175 yards rushing to the Broncos 46. They dominated time of possession and held Denver to 2 of 12 on 3rd downs and 1 of 5 in the red zone, forcing Denver to settle for 5 FGs, one of which happened after the Broncos recovered a fumble caused by a foul so flagrant, yet unflagged, the defender has been suspended for 4 games.
Sometimes it just happens. You can't turn the ball over 3 times and expect to win, even against a team you dominate. 
And you can't let a team hang around, especially at home, especially in Denver air.

@"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
I was pounding the table for Donald at the time. But Barr was a decent player for us. Certainly not on same level, but not a bust. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"comet52" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
No, I get there are definitely circumstances where the angst is real draft-wise. I'm talking more about a fan having a guy they want the team to draft, they don't, they act likes its the worst act they've ever seen a GM do.....then this player a year or two later turns out to be shit but crickets from the fan that wanted him picked, lol. 

The deal with fans is they lack perspective. The same crap happens to most teams every NFL Sunday. No game is perfect, there are ebbs and flows. Not every Mahomes pass is accurate or a good decision. Every Viking's play gets scrutinized and microanalyzed.
I remember a guy years ago--he's still around over on Proud's forum--said we had to draft Ryan Sims.  Hall of famer.  Carried on for months about our epic fail, could not shut up about how we could we pass on this generational talent?

Sims was a total bust.  And if you ask him today, he'll deny he ever said any of it. 

Draft genius syndrome: We're working to find a cure and your donations can help.  Call 1-800-UAintaGM today!

lol, yep. People hate admitting they are wrong. The Google search has created some Internet PH.Ds on almost every subject. Got their Masters in copy and pasting links.
I sat in an interview with my boss and a coworker, they were hiring a third person to work with us, and my boss asked the guy about his education and said he had a degree in YouTube. I looked at him and said "you seriously just said that"? My boss ended the interview at that point.

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
LOL.... you say that like the pro bowl matters   and yes,  when you pass on a future HOF player ( who has been named first team all pro 7 time in his career ) for a guy that was only good at his position... I'm not likely to forget that gaff.  I know some think Barr was some kind of special player,  hell I went along with it for a year or two as well thinking I was maybe missing something,  but fact is he rarely played up to his draft position or message board hype.

wasnt it you that was on the Donald train with me and a couple others, prior to that draft?
I'm still mad they passed on Warren Sapp for Derrick Alexander.  Can you imagine where a John Randle / Warren Sapp interior dline might have led us?   But shit happens, every team has draft regrets.  We've also had some amazingly good picks, like Moss and JJ, both of whom kinda fell into our laps because other teams created stupid draft day moments they can still regret to this day.   That's why they call it a crapshoot.

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
I was pounding the table for Donald at the time. But Barr was a decent player for us. Certainly not on same level, but not a bust. 
I agree he wasn't a bust,  but there were better players on the  board, who turned out to be much better.  Barr just pissed me off,  his game, IMO, was much like Kalil's, high ceiling that was rarely ever touched due to lack of give a shit,  Barr could have been much better but rarely ever showed the intensity needed for the position and the game.  His one redeeming moment was when he broke Rodgers collarbone,  other than that his career memories for me will always be mediocrity.  One thing at least with him,  he never seemed to be a shit talker,  at least he wasn't playing soft and then running his mouth.