Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow out for the season
"wE nEeD a sCRambLinG qB To aVOid SacKS"

Murray barely off of IR, Burrow on IR, Watson on IR, Allen...well, healthy, but a turnover machine.

Wilson got sacked constantly as the Seahawks' line lost veterans. Ask Cousins how long his career lasted vs. RGIII.

Look-

-there's no formula, other than "make the best version of your offense with your players". The most ring-studded QB in history was a pocket passer, and so were both Mannings, Stafford, etc. Cousins catches hell for it from the hater club, who seem to fantasize about mobility equalling guaranteed success.

Mahomes has two rings, but his peers? Allen hasn't been to "the show" despite a genuinely loaded team. Burrows made it, but his line's lack of ability just meant being among the quickly-forgotten "best of the losers" club. Murray is proof that all the skills don't make you mentally tough. Watson is a s*** person that's either hurt or suspended much of his $230 million contract. Herbert...well, barely can beat anyone but us.

Yeah, that hurt.

Good system, good, blocking and basic spatial awareness can equal good QB play, regardless their level of personal agility. I've never seen a QB that's brilliant when he gets interrupted during his initial steps after the snap.

Funny how that works.

Just goes to show that a season can be derailed on any play.  Depth is so important in this game especially at the quarterback position.  It's not always the best team that wins the Super Bowl but the one with the best backups and has luck on their side.

Quote: @"Zanary" said:

Murray barely off of IR, Burrow on IR, Watson on IR, Allen...well, healthy, but a turnover machine.

Wilson got sacked constantly as the Seahawks' line lost veterans. Ask Cousins how long his career lasted vs. RGIII.

Look-

-there's no formula, other than "make the best version of your offense with your players". The most ring-studded QB in history was a pocket passer, and so were both Mannings, Stafford, etc. Cousins catches hell for it from the hater club, who seem to fantasize about mobility equalling guaranteed success.

Mahomes has two rings, but his peers? Allen hasn't been to "the show" despite a genuinely loaded team. Burrows made it, but his line's lack of ability just meant being among the quickly-forgotten "best of the losers" club. Murray is proof that all the skills don't make you mentally tough. Watson is a s*** person that's either hurt or suspended much of his $230 million contract. Herbert...well, barely can beat anyone but us.

Yeah, that hurt.

Good system, good, blocking and basic spatial awareness can equal good QB play, regardless their level of personal agility. I've never seen a QB that's brilliant when he gets interrupted during his initial steps after the snap.

Funny how that works.
Rodgers, Jimmy G, Kirk… all statues, all hurt. Mobile QBs are probably at greater risk but I don’t think not being able to move is some invincibility against injuries either. It’s still the NFL. 

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"Zanary" said:

Look-

Yeah, that hurt.

Funny how that works.
Rodgers, Jimmy G, Kirk… all statues, all hurt. Mobile QBs are probably at greater risk but I don’t think not being able to move is some invincibility against injuries either. It’s still the NFL. 
I think the point of saying mobile QB get hurt more often is by running they're exposing themselves to more hits. Rodgers and KC were non contact injuries. Jimmy G isn't hurt, he just sucks and was benched.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"Zanary" said:

Look-

Yeah, that hurt.

Funny how that works.
Like the posts says, there's no formula, beyond making the best version of what you have.

We're FINALLY blocking worth a damn in the middle of the OL...and it's paying off. Sadly, our QB that was doing the most with it is hurt, but Dobbs is certainly reaping the rewards as well.

I've seen the "sell out for the scrambling QB" since that s**thead dog murderer Vick was lighting up the highlight reels. Daunte was mobile, but dropped balls like bad phones drop calls.

For years, a LOT of responses, here and other sites, to the OL problems were wrapped up in a fantasy that just getting a mobile QB solves the OL issues.  I'd argue that it probably makes an easier possibility for injury, as the scramblers seem to get a lot of action injuries.

Every QB, regardless of type, is gonna still depend on their trench guys to get them time to do their jobs. Build the blocking via your system, and you're made a solid start.

Kirk just had his first surgery in 12 seasons, an anomaly indeed…