Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow out for the season

So we get Jake Browning....me like.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
So we get Jake Browning....me like.
Yea I felt bad for him & the Bengals, until I remembered we play them… Wink B)  

Well unfortunate not everyone has a Pastronaut to come in and save the season  =)

I remember when Jake Browning came out of Washington, and I kinda liked him as an option for the Vikings when we signed him as a UDFA in 2019.  Is he Joe Burrows?  No.  Can he be a competent QB?  Well, once upon a time I thought so.  I didn't think so last night when I watched him...but he may hit his stride in the next week or two. So we do play the Bengals w/o Burrows...it's the NFL and I have learned to not look past ANY game, but frankly I feel a lot better about the potential of running the table now (which means we'd have to beat Detroit twice in three weeks and starting with the Broncos this weekend, who finally have their schit together (and have won 3 in a row).  

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
I remember when Jake Browning came out of Washington, and I kinda liked him as an option for the Vikings when we signed him as a UDFA in 2019.  Is he Joe Burrows?  No.  Can he be a competent QB?  Well, once upon a time I thought so.  I didn't think so last night when I watched him...but he may hit his stride in the next week or two. So we do play the Bengals w/o Burrows...it's the NFL and I have learned to not look past ANY game, but frankly I feel a lot better about the potential of running the table now (which means we'd have to beat Detroit twice in three weeks and starting with the Broncos this weekend, who finally have their schit together (and have won 3 in a row).  
I watched game last night as well.

They were up 10-7 when Burrow got hurt.

The whole game changed after his injury, it was weird to watch.

Vikes @ Cincy was gonna be tough because Cincy was gonna be in "must win" situation. That game looks completely different now.

The first game versus Detroit is in Minneapolis and it's 2 weeks after the BYE.

The BYE will benefit Dobbs.

I feel for Burrows...You train all year to play 17 games and then wham!

Burrows
Rogers
Cousins

You lose good players and the game suffers.

At the end of this season, Burrow will have missed 14 games since 2020. He's been injured at a higher rate than Lamar Jackson who gets all kinds of shit for being out.

Burrow wasn't having his best year. Cousins hasn't played for three weeks and still has more yards and TDs than Burrow. 

He looked like the best QB in the league for a few weeks there after his calf got right.  But the football gods had other ideas it seems.