Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Our new QB
Quote: @"Greylock" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I really like this guy. I'm totally ok with this, only if the comp is ok. Very Interesting. They had to bring someone else in and they did. 
This may be more of the team showing no confidence in Mannion then not being confidant in Hall.  With Mullens still on IR Mannion would have been the backup this week and we all know how that would have been if he had to play.
Agreed. They need a QB. Its a minor move, but necessary and a decent get IMO. No reason for angst or over analyzing. 

Have to imagine this guy is purely a
backup to get us through until Mullens is back, unless that is much further out
than anticipated, in which case maybe him and Hall can have a competition.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
Have to imagine this guy is purely a
backup to get us through until Mullens is back, unless that is much further out
than anticipated, in which case maybe him and Hall can have a competition.
Yeah, we are starting Hall this week most likely.  So it really doesn't change much.

I like this a lot (don't know comp yet).  He is a decent starting QB who can create, move the pocket and run which will help.  He is a different QB then what we have or had - IMO.  Not saying we are playoff bound but he is only 28 so not real old either.

I think it is obvious we are trying to compete for a playoff spot with this move.

Probably end up in draft limbo as usual but if we really like a Top 10 QB then we have to have the balls to go him just like the Cheifs did with Mahomes and Bills did for Allen.  

The Minnesota Vikings are making a trade to address the quarterback position after Kirk Cousins' season-ending injury, agreeing to acquire Joshua Dobbs from the Arizona Cardinals, sources told ESPN.
The Cardinals traded Dobbs and a conditional seventh-round pick that can become a sixth-rounder based on Dobbs' play time in Minnesota to the Vikings for a sixth-round pick, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Good didn't go crazy on some retread

Kind of a "meh" type move to me. If he is just backup depth it's fine. Doesn't move the needle though 

Quote: @"minny65" said:
The Minnesota Vikings are making a trade to address the quarterback position after Kirk Cousins' season-ending injury, agreeing to acquire Joshua Dobbs from the Arizona Cardinals, sources told ESPN.
The Cardinals traded Dobbs and a conditional seventh-round pick that can become a sixth-rounder based on Dobbs' play time in Minnesota to the Vikings for a sixth-round pick, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
So we start Dobbs after next week and possibly get back a higher pick than we gave up. Got that O'Connell??  

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Kind of a "meh" type move to me. If he is just backup depth it's fine. Doesn't move the needle though 
Nobody out there to move a needle with.  I'm just glad they didn't flip out and throw a 2nd for Garoppolo or Mayfield 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Nobody out there to move a needle with.  I'm just glad they didn't flip out and throw a 2nd for Garoppolo or Mayfield