Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jaren Hall
Hope they go with Hall and have Mullens backing him up. I don't believe there's anying out there worth spending draft capital on. 

I’m still of the mindset that you play young QBs when they
are ready.  I don’t think there’s any
real benefit of putting a young QB out there before they are ready.  I think you just ingrain bad habits and
destroy confidence.  If the coaching
staff thinks Hall will improve because of playing time, by all means lets ride
the season out with him.  If the games
too fast for him or you’re still working on fundamentals or whatever, go get
the best FA QB.  Definitely don’t trade a
ton of draft capital to get someone else’s backup.  At this point, I was still skeptical of our SB
chances with Cousins, and I’d be even more skeptical of our SB chances with someone
else’s backup, so don’t mortgage the future on unlikely scenarios.

Quote: @medaille said:
real benefit of putting a young QB out there before they are ready.  I think you just ingrain bad habits and
ton of draft capital to get someone else’s backup.  At this point, I was still skeptical of our SB
chances with Cousins, and I’d be even more skeptical of our SB chances with someone

If Hall is as ready as Kellen Mond was then we need to sit him.  But frankly, if he's as bad as Mond was there's really not much of a point in keeping him. 

Quote: @medaille said:
Only one way to know: play them. Jordan Love sat for 2 years behind Rodgers, how's he looking? There's only so much learning you can sit and do without getting thrown into the fire. I don't disagree at all that rushing a kid might harm them. But I'd argue that no one is expecting much from Hall and he's on at least a decent team with veterans. He wouldn't be starting on some kind of garbage team that's going to get him sacked 60 times. As you mention, this isn't a Super Bowl team he's on, even with Kirk Cousins. Put him in the Shotgun often, he's used to that. Roll him out. He's very mobile, use it. 

I'd argue its the perfect time to start Jaren Hall. He's a mature kid. I don't think the game is too big for him. But I think KOC and company want to possibly salvage the season, so it'll be Nick Mullens if he's ready after the Atlanta game.

good team around him,  no expectations ( from lucid fans) so the pressure of maintaining a SB run shouldnt be there,  tailor the O to his strengths and see what you get out of him for a few games,  whats going to happen that hasnt already happened this year?

Hall in preseason didn't appear to have it against lesser talent. But he also had a real bad offensive line.
There is some chatter about Colt McCoy but he was in for a tryout 3 weeks ago and the next day they signed Mannion. McCoy is 37 and has playing experience and has played for KOC in the past. He also has some concussion history and up and down play. He is one of the better back ups in the league.
I don't think Hall has what it takes, but I'm pretty certain Mullins and Mannion don't.
So I would prefer to stick with Hall for at least one more game to see if he can play better with better talent around him. Sucks the Vikings have no run game.

Falcons just lost Grady Jarrett for the year, so that will make Hall's debut next week a little easier 

I think we bring in a veteran like McCoy for security/depth and hand the reigns over to Hall. Then when Mullens gets back, you can have a legit competition between Hall and Mullens for the starting job. 

We'll draft a QB this spring, but I don't necessarily think the Cousins era is over in Minnesota, unless Hall lights it up, which seems unlikely.

I sorta think the injury to Cousins makes signing him even a little more likely. 

No retreads needed. Hall it is. LFG!