Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
you can not tell me the nfl is not rigged
I think Cousins will gladly waive his no-trade clause. Think about it, the way things are going, the best outlook for him would be a commentator in a booth for high school football

Quote: @"FLVike" said:
I think Cousins will gladly waive his no-trade clause. Think about it, the way things are going, the best outlook for him would be a commentator in a booth for high school football
I doubt they trade him.  Even if they wanted to I'm not sure there's a team out there right now looking to pull such a move.

At this point, the only thing that could conceivably change things would be for millions of people to stop watching and gambling when it comes to the NFL. 
But they won’t!

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Bad officiating can be bad officiating without being part of some ridiculous conspiracy theory.
Yes. And do sometimes stars/teams get some calls? I won't discount it. If you hadn't brushed your teeth well enough and Tom Brady got a whiff, you'd get a penalty. But conspiracy? Too much to lose. 
What would be the logical non-conspiracy reason why “stars/teams
get the calls”?  Are the refs just too
star-struck to be objective?

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Bad officiating can be bad officiating without being part of some ridiculous conspiracy theory.
Yes. And do sometimes stars/teams get some calls? I won't discount it. If you hadn't brushed your teeth well enough and Tom Brady got a whiff, you'd get a penalty. But conspiracy? Too much to lose. 

I don't know if they're star struck, possibly, probably, but celebrity QBs do seem to get more calls. It's not a conspiracy. It's just humans being human. I think one day human refs will be eliminated from the game. 

Right now, the NFL is loving having Kelce and Mahomes as the faces of the league. All the people watching football that didn't three weeks ago is a lot of revenue.I don't think the NFL is pushing hard for them to win., But if its close, well let's not piss off the new fan base.
Now, 2009. If anyone can watch the nfccg and explain that the fix wasn't in, I would love to hear it.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

I don't know if they're star struck, possibly, probably, but celebrity QBs do seem to get more calls. It's not a conspiracy. It's just humans being human. I think one day human refs will be eliminated from the game. 
I guess you’re going to have to explain to me how “humans being
human” leads to “stars” and the “storyline teams” getting more beneficial
calls for me to think that is any more plausible than they’re choosing to make calls
because they are biased. 

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

I guess you’re going to have to explain to me how “humans being
human” leads to “stars” and the “storyline teams” getting more beneficial
calls for me to think that is any more plausible than they’re choosing to make calls
because they are biased. 

Because bias, more often than not, is unwitting. You don't know you're doing it. And even if it is occasionally intentional on the part of some refs who might love them some Favre, Brady, Mahomes, etc., that's a LONG ways from the kind of organized, concerted effort by a group of refs that would be required to satisfy the definition of "conspiracy." 

Fucking over the Vikings seems to be a lifelong, time honored tradition… nothing really new this season! 

Wake me up when the Vikings are good enough, bad officiating won't make a difference!