Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don’t look now, Ingram overall 64 grade from PFF
Ingram, Brad bury and Cleveland ain't got it.

it’s interesting. i think this oline is coming along and are putting their improvement on tape.  yes, Ingram Schlottman and Cleveland struggled some in pass pro against Tampa and Philly, those teams have pretty good lines.  i havent been very impressed with our backs in pass pro. they havent helped much. 

If we had a QB that could move it would be interesting to see where we are If our Coach hadnt come out and play Air Coryell with tempo the first two games and instead had some balance.  I see this line coming on some. Could Risner be a partial hedge on Ezra’s final year? 

Even though I'm down on Ingram, I'm always rooting for him. He's the kind of OG we haven't had in awhile physically: strong, tough minded, athletic and gets after it in the run game. He does try hard in pass protection, but he's still a liability. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
it’s interesting. i think this oline is coming along and are putting their improvement on tape.  yes, Ingram Schlottman and Cleveland struggled some in pass pro against Tampa and Philly, those teams have pretty good lines.  i havent been very impressed with our backs in pass pro. they havent helped much. 

If we had a QB that could move it would be interesting to see where we are If our Coach hadnt come out and play Air Coryell with tempo the first two games and instead had some balance.  I see this line coming on some. Could Risner be a partial hedge on Ezra’s final year? 
Yes, I think that's exactly what Risner is. Like Cleveland, he's not under contract in '24, but he'll be a lot cheaper than Cleveland, whom the Vikings probably can't afford considering the money going to O'Neill, Darrisaw and Bradbury. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Bullazin said:

Yes, I think that's exactly what Risner is. Like Cleveland, he's not under contract in '24, but he'll be a lot cheaper than Cleveland, whom the Vikings probably can't afford considering the money going to O'Neill, Darrisaw and Bradbury. 

It'll be interesting to see what Cleveland commands on the open market. i don't view him as an elite OG, but I could be wrong. Of course supply/demand will also play a factor in the offers that he receives. What other OGs will be available. How will  the college crop of OGs shake out.

Cleveland might also want to play OT instead of Guard, so if an opportunity presents itself on the market he might be gone with the wind.

So a 64 score isn't or is good?  I have no idea what that number means, so a PFF grade means very little to me.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
So a 64 score isn't or is good?  I have no idea what that number means, so a PFF grade means very little to me.
It's a little better than average, which is saying a lot considering how poorly he graded last season. The most encouraging thing is that his pass pro grade was over 60 as well (he averaged 44 last season). He gave up no sacks and only one pressure (the pop fly pick). 

Probably can't expect him to play as well against Chris Jones. 

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Cleveland might also want to play OT instead of Guard, so if an opportunity presents itself on the market he might be gone with the wind.
agreed. Cleveland is going to get paid mid career starter money somewhere 

Like I have said when we had Risner in here the first time:  Risner is a huge upgrade in pass protection over Ingram and we are a pass first team.  After 4 games we have 157 pass attempts and 73 rushes.  Risner needs to get up to speed and starting ASAP.  Even 1 or 2 less hits a game on Kirk can help big time.