Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm fine with Brock Purdy, but....
Quote: @comet52 said:
I think he has good pocket and field awareness.  Not a great arm, his passes float a bit.  He's benefitting from having a totally stacked team around him.  Can we trade Kwesi and Kevin for Lynch and Shanahan?
Can we trade Kwesi for one of those Post Malone value meals at Canes Chicken? It would analytically make sense..

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@comet52 said:
I think he has good pocket and field awareness.  Not a great arm, his passes float a bit.  He's benefitting from having a totally stacked team around him.  Can we trade Kwesi and Kevin for Lynch and Shanahan?
Can we trade Kwesi for one of those Post Malone value meals at Canes Chicken? It would analytically make sense..
We could trade him for Ryan Poles.  I'm already sick of the Bears taking the North and never giving it back.  It's our turn now! :p

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
Purdy doesnt need to be more than a young game manager - but he's better than that. 

He's got all the support on both sides of the ball he could dream of. 

I hope SF hosts Eagles for the NFCCG - that'll be a doozie. 
It's early, but right now I'd say the Cowboys are better than the Eagles. 
Yeah, tend to agree. Be one hell of a NFCC game Cowboys vs. 49ers. What is it, the 80s?  :p

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@Montana Tom said:
I'm impressed with Purdy's quick release and getting the ball into narrow windows.  I don't necessarily align with Sticky, because of what I saw on the field.  Maybe I just see it differently.
 I agree, Tom.  Purdy had pressure and hands in his face on several of his throws that were spot on.  He looks the part of a very good young NFL QB for sure.  He kind of reminds me of a young Tom Brady the way he methodically gets the job done without being overly flashy and making stupid drive killing mistakes.
You hate to make that comp, but his game reminds me of a young Brady too.  For years, the media and fans tried to minimize Brady's contributions saying it was the coach and defense.  While there was some truth to that, it was more Brady being clutch and getting the ball into the hands of his playmakers and not making negative plays. Purdy is doing the same thing.  Now I'm not saying he's Brady, but he's doing what he needs to do to help the team win.  He's a good young QB.  Not Mahomes or Burrow by any stretch, but his play style fits with how the 49ers want to win.

So are we saying you really can find a good or should I dare say franchise QB in the sixth round (Brady) or seventh round (Purdy)?

Quote: @mblack said:
So are we saying you really can find a good or should I dare say franchise QB in the sixth round (Brady) or seventh round (Purdy)?
You sure can. It's just that the odds are probably under 1%, so it's best not to count on it. :-)

Quote: @mblack said:
Yep, right after you build the trenches on both sides of the ball…!!! ✅

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@Montana Tom said:
I'm impressed with Purdy's quick release and getting the ball into narrow windows.  I don't necessarily align with Sticky, because of what I saw on the field.  Maybe I just see it differently.
 I agree, Tom.  Purdy had pressure and hands in his face on several of his throws that were spot on.  He looks the part of a very good young NFL QB for sure.  He kind of reminds me of a young Tom Brady the way he methodically gets the job done without being overly flashy and making stupid drive killing mistakes.
i think “young” is a key component here....also, when you have young, talented QBs on a REASONABLE salary. you can afford to pay many other key positions.....like the 49ers.

How many of their players are in the top three salaries at their respective positions?

gotta be like five or six of them?

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
@HappyViking said:
@Montana Tom said:
i think “young” is a key component here....also, when you have young, talented QBs on a REASONABLE salary. you can afford to pay many other key positions.....like the 49ers.

How many of their players are in the top three salaries at their respective positions?

gotta be like five or six of them?
that kind of the issue with Cousins,  hes a nice QB,  but not a top of the league guy,  yet he led the league in money the first 4 (?) years with Minnesota,  most other players that are resetting their position money are likely top 3 or so,  Cousins has never been that guy, and him taking more than his share leaves other positions thin,  and then you end up with a shit roster or at the very least no depth to speak of.  This current mess isnt all on Cousins contract,  there were others,  but when you start with that big cap hit and then fold in other bad contracts and shit drafts... you end up with a purgatory team.  just good enough to pick 12-24 every year,  never good enough to really compete, or to get those blue chip player that can turn a roster around.

It's a combination, there is a lot of talent and Purdy is making the most of the opportunities