Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shedeur
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
I'd rather have Travis Hunter, but we certainly need a QBOTF 
i think they should consider taking 2 if they dont think Hall is a candidate by year end.  the only reason the skins had Cousins  when RG3 flamed out is because they made a bold move, keep that pipeline full.
I gave that a "like" Jimmy, but damn - they need to re-stock on the D side badly. We need that qbotf, but 2 QB's in 1 draft maybe a luxury we cant afford???

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
i think they should consider taking 2 if they dont think Hall is a candidate by year end.  the only reason the skins had Cousins  when RG3 flamed out is because they made a bold move, keep that pipeline full.
I gave that a "like" Jimmy, but damn - they need to re-stock on the D side badly. We need that qbotf, but 2 QB's in 1 draft maybe a luxury we cant afford???

its gonna take some bold moves to generate more cap space ( for free agents) and draft picks ( for affordable players)  at positions of need.

@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:

And I think by the time we get done making Hockenson, Jefferson, and Darrisaw the highest paid players at their positions, that help is probably going to have to come from the draft unless we just want to keep restocking with low level free agents like Lowry and Phillip.

I hate to keep harping on this, but again, Jordan Davis would be a God send on our defensive line right now instead of Lewis Cine running, what, like 5th or 6th on depth chart now? Can not keep building this team from the outside-in when all the better teams in the conference are loaded on the lines 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:

And I think by the time we get done making Hockenson, Jefferson, and Darrisaw the highest paid players at their positions, that help is probably going to have to come from the draft unless we just want to keep restocking with low level free agents like Lowry and Phillip.

I hate to keep harping on this, but again, Jordan Davis would be a God send on our defensive line right now instead of Lewis Cine running, what, like 5th or 6th on depth chart now? Can not keep building this team from the outside-in when all the better teams in the conference are loaded on the lines 
Its early yr2, but Cine and Booth are looking like really bad picks...

Unlike Booth, I'm holding out hope Cine finally gets it and is adapting to  a whole new scheme.

But he aint about to unseat Bynum or Harry, thats for sure. 

I agree with Jimmy, too early in the season to tell.  Look at his whole body of work in December.
You gotta also look at some of these other guys.  No point in drooling over Caleb Williams.
Michael Penix JR from Washington (by way of Indiana)
Bo Nix from Oregon (left Auburn and lit it up in Oregon)
Sam Hartman from Notre Dame (by way of Wake Forest last year)
DJ Ukelele (I can't spell it) from Oregon State (Dabo Swinney couldn't coach him up last year at Clemson)

I think Shadeur is benefitting from all the hype around his Dad, and in all honesty, a bit of a weak schedule (and in spite of a weak OL...all those sacks).  Let's talk again AFTER the Buffs play Oregon, USC, UCLA and Oregon State, Washington State and Utah (all six currently ranked and tough).  

He does move good in the pocket,

@supafreak84 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:

...or Mettelus, who we just signed to an extension and everyone is taking about. I think Bynum has been maybe our best player on defense outside of Hunter. 

@purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:

...or Mettelus, who we just signed to an extension and everyone is taking about. I think Bynum has been maybe our best player on defense outside of Hunter. 
I agree about Bynum.

IPJ is way up there too - he's going to be an important piece this year and in future years. 

@purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:

I thought Cine would come in when Mettulus got dinged up against Philly.  Nope, he's not even trusted enough to be a backup there.  I think both Cine and Booth are wasted picks and huge whiffs.

I can see the future;Colorado goes to the final 4 and Sanders plays great.More into the future;He's on the board at our pick which is 18 (1 game from the playoffs) and we trade out of the first round.more into the future;The team that picked him loses their starting QB to injury in the 2nd week and Sanders takes that team to the Superbowl.