Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
risner on the way to minnesota?
Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
If true, why the F are we signing him now instead of a month ago when he was in for a visit? Did it really have to cost us a win against a mediocre opponent at home for the front office to come to this conclusion? 
Again,  maybe his camp has lowered their demands,  week 1 is over and they have missed out on 1 pay check already,   maybe they are realizing this and are more inclined to deal now?  I mean why not last spring instead of waiting until camp to bring him in?
If he saw Ingram on Sunday, and they are inviting him back now...I'd say he's negotiating from a position of strength and his contract demands certainly wouldn't be decreasing. But who knows. I thinks it's ridiculous thefront office didn't do more to protect themselves regarding Ingram and Bradbury..
Isn't it good that they didn't improve at RG?  I mean, don't you WANT the Vikes to lose to help with the rebuild?

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@supafreak84 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
If true, why the F are we signing him now instead of a month ago when he was in for a visit? Did it really have to cost us a win against a mediocre opponent at home for the front office to come to this conclusion? 
Again,  maybe his camp has lowered their demands,  week 1 is over and they have missed out on 1 pay check already,   maybe they are realizing this and are more inclined to deal now?  I mean why not last spring instead of waiting until camp to bring him in?
If he saw Ingram on Sunday, and they are inviting him back now...I'd say he's negotiating from a position of strength and his contract demands certainly wouldn't be decreasing. But who knows. I thinks it's ridiculous thefront office didn't do more to protect themselves regarding Ingram and Bradbury..
Isn't it good that they didn't improve at RG?  I mean, don't you WANT the Vikes to lose to help with the rebuild?
No because we are locked in on this "competitive rebuild" bullshit now...so let's be competitive and try to win. I mean, I was told this is a 12 win, Super Bowl-contending roster all offseason so no sense doing some pussyfoot rebuild now 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@supafreak84 said:
because his salary is non-guaranteed after week one. 
Good point, but we had the cap space and probably should have just signed him 

@AGRforever said:
@supafreak84 said:
because his salary is non-guaranteed after week one. 
Good point, but we had the cap space and probably should have just signed him 
This. However, if I'm Risner and his Agent, I don't show up without a guarantee for the rest of the season. 

He's not coming to Minnesota.

I'm torn. We need to improve the pass pro. Risner would do that. But he's a terrible run blocker. At least according to PFF. I tend to think that Brandel would be a better option....

Ooooo. Vikings finally restructured O'Neill. Which gives them around $16.2M in cap space. Risner SZN?

@HappyViking said:
@supafreak84 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
No because we are locked in on this "competitive rebuild" bullshit now...so let's be competitive and try to win. I mean, I was told this is a 12 win, Super Bowl-contending roster all offseason so no sense doing some pussyfoot rebuild now 
I don't think anyone in the media predicts a 12 win season with the team going deep into the playoffs, and I don't think you believed it either.  Obviously this off-season was used to get rid of veteran salaries so the new regime can start a rebuild.  While I do enjoy wins, most Longshippers here don't believe this is a SB level team.  It's great to be optimistic, don't get me wrong, but realistically this team isn't there yet.  I'm pretty sure you know that too. 
Personnally I don't want to tank the season, and I'm on board with getting the cap space to get Hock, Hunter, and JJ contracts. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
was this the gut talking,  or your source?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
Source. He's heard they aren't going to pay Risner 'what he wants for what they'll get'. Probably more to it than that, but that's the whiff he got. If they move on Ingram, it would be for Brandel. I guess things can change, but that's the current thought. The only reason I even spoke to him is because he's coming down to Florida over the Thanksgiving holidays ( quick 2 days) and we are going to have lunch. Otherwise, I don't bug him during the season (or at least rarely).

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
Source. He's heard they aren't going to pay Risner 'what he wants for what they'll get'. Probably more to it than that, but that's the whiff he got. If they move on Ingram, it would be for Brandel. I guess things can change, but that's the current thought. The only reason I even spoke to him is because he's coming down to Florida over the Thanksgiving holidays ( quick 2 days) and we are going to have lunch. Otherwise, I don't bug him during the season (or at least rarely).

thanks,  that pretty much what my gut was telling me too.