Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Hock signs new deal with Minnesota
Highest paid TE in NFL history. He wanted to reset the market and he did. 

Great news and a great player!  It's amazing how much the Vikings
upgraded at TE after Smith got injured.  Without even completely knowing
the playbook, Hock immediately made an impact and finished the season
with 86 receptions for 914 yards (over 500 with Vikings).   The Vikes
have never seen a TE with over 900 yards since Joe Sensor in 1981. 
Kwesi made the team much more dangerous with that awesome trade!

Is Hock's back starting to feel better now...?

I'm glad he got the extension, and I love what he adds to the offense, but I don't like the contract. He's not the best TE's in Football by a long shot. $17.125M per year is an overpay IMO. 

Quote: @TBro said:
I'm glad he got the extension, and I love what he adds to the offense, but I don't like the contract. He's not the best TE's in Football by a long shot. $17.125M per year is an overpay IMO. 
It's just the timing. Next top 5-6 TE will reset the market too. Happens at every position and it's not going to ever stop. In three years, Hock's contract will rank 4th or 5th or even lower. 

Love Hock as a player, but I still question how we fit all these contracts into the long term equation especially if we have to re-up Cousins on another extension. JJ, Darrisaw, Hunter is on a one year deal. That's a lot of cash and we still need upgrading at several positions. Was it the wisest thing to trade for a TE you knew you had to pay and reset the TE market on? It could be argued 

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
I wonder if those ear drops will start working today and he can start practicing with the team.
From Ziggy's purse to Hock's ears.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Love Hock as a player, but I still question how we fit all these contracts into the long term equation especially if we have to re-up Cousins on another extension. JJ, Darrisaw, Hunter is on a one year deal. That's a lot of cash and we still need upgrading at several positions. Was it the wisest thing to trade for a TE you knew you had to pay and reset the TE market on? It could be argued 
Indeed.  It is the internet, indeed it could be argued.  Should it be?  That is the question.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@TBro said:
It's just the timing. Next top 5-6 TE will reset the market too. Happens at every position and it's not going to ever stop. In three years, Hock's contract will rank 4th or 5th or even lower. 
In 3 years he'll want a new deal ha. He's really good and we need him, so I'm not mad about it. But it's an overpay. Oh well though! Glad he's in the fold for a while. Now do JJ!