Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What comes first for KOC?
Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
I remember last year at this time, some board members had angst about not winning any of the preseason games and were starting to shit on the regime already, lol. 13 wins later.....still shitting on the new regime!  :p

[Image: same-as-it-ever-was.gif]
Oh wow, it's the 13 win argument again....yawn
Yes, leave it to the Vikings to become the first team in sports history for whom wins and losses can not be used as a worthwhile metric to evaluate the team.

Yes and most of us are using the LOSS in the game that mattered most as the worthwhile metric for evaluation. 

If we apply that logic, then we should just poop on Grant, Burns, Zimmer and The Sheriff. None of em got to the holy land. 

perfection is a construct of the pious. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
I remember last year at this time, some board members had angst about not winning any of the preseason games and were starting to shit on the regime already, lol. 13 wins later.....still shitting on the new regime!  :p

Yes, leave it to the Vikings to become the first team in sports history for whom wins and losses can not be used as a worthwhile metric to evaluate the team.

Yes and most of us are using the LOSS in the game that mattered most as the worthwhile metric for evaluation. 

If we apply that logic, then we should just poop on Grant, Burns, Zimmer and The Sheriff. None of em got to the holy land. 

And it's because of the 46 years (and counting) of "close, but no cigar.." seasons that 13 wins and getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs at home does nothing for me and I'd guess most others 

@StickyBun said:
@supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:

Yeah, last year sucked. 

Yes Spielman did a great job assembling that roster 
The roster where Zimmer went 7 or 8 wins in 3 of his last 4 seasons?  Thats a big reason he's gone. 

I get its far from perfect, but its also disingenuous not to recognize that (at least after year 1) the fans and team have reason for optimism.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
@supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:

Yeah, last year sucked. 

The roster where Zimmer went 7 or 8 wins in 3 of his last 4 seasons?  Thats a big reason he's gone. 

I get its far from perfect, but its also disingenuous not to recognize that (at least after year 1) the fans and team have reason for optimism.  

Yes that same roster that lost a record number of one score games in 2021 and was plagued by covid, free agency losses, and key injuries in 2020. 

People can certainly feel however they want as far as optimism goes. I think we are a .500 football team that lacks depth in most areas and talent along both lines. We don't have a long term plan at QB and have yet to lock our best players on extensions. I think it's muddled and this season is going to tell us a lot about the coaching, front office, and where this team is headed. 

@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:

One game. Coming from you, that's not surprising. But I would say most reasonable people use the entire season--the wins and the losses, the good and the bad--to evaluate the team, and its prospects for 2023. 

@StickyBun said:
@supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:

Yeah, last year sucked. 

Right, and had last year's team stunk Im sure you would have been the first to point out Rick was at fault. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:

One game. Coming from you, that's not surprising. But I would say most reasonable people use the entire season--the wins and the losses, the good and the bad--to evaluate the team, and its prospects for 2023. 

One game? We were a flawed football team all season that pulled out a record number of single score, miracle wins. Losing to a good team (not even an upper echelon team like SF, Philly, or Dallas) at home in the first round of the playoffs was more telling as the "worthwhile metric of evaluation." So yeah, continue to be excited about those 13 wins from last year if it floats your boat. 

I'm going with the Lombardi 

[Image: je44pin1t9xn.gif]

Quote: @bigbone62 said:
He @supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
@supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:

Yeah, last year sucked. 

Right, and had last year's team stunk Im sure you would have been the first to point out Rick was at fault. 
He was fired because the team underperformed two seasons in a row, but as we saw last year it certainly wasn't due to a lack of talent as we won those 13 games (like Maroon and some others like to beat their chests about) with 98% of Spielmans players..