Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Levis?
Quote: @kmillard said:
I thought Levis looked OK for his first action. Nice arm and mobile enough. Looks like Malik has been working too. Terrible situation to have on your hands. Vikings should take note sometime.
Agree. They have a pretty good starter in Tannehill. They draft Willis in the 3rd, and he looks bad his rookie season. No surprise. They then draft Levis in the 2nd, a rookie who may not ascend a 2nd year QB on the depth chart. That shouldn't surprise anyone either. 

Bottom line is they now have two fairly promising developmental QBs behind Tannehill. No guarantee either turns out, but I like how they've hedged their bets. If they happen to hit on both, they've got their QBOTF and a massively valuable QB to trade for picks to fortify the roster around them. 

Quote: @kmillard said:
I thought Levis looked OK for his first action. Nice arm and mobile enough. Looks like Malik has been working too. Terrible situation to have on your hands. Vikings should take note sometime.
Agree, he looked OK.  We will find out first-hand this week.  I was a fan of drafting him but as others pointed out we had first-hand knowledge from a former coach and passed so I am fine with that.  

After seeing this, I skimmed through the condensed version of this game (love NFL+ for that!).  I actually really liked what I saw in Levis and was even more disappointed we didn't take him.  He sure looks the part, big strong QB who effortlessly throws the ball.  You can tell the game is fast for him now as expected, so he is holding on to the ball too long and maybe a little slow with his reads, but those things will be adjusted with more playing time. 

Quote: @JR44 said:
After seeing this, I skimmed through the condensed version of this game (love NFL+ for that!).  I actually really liked what I saw in Levis and was even more disappointed we didn't take him.  He sure looks the part, big strong QB who effortlessly throws the ball.  You can tell the game is fast for him now as expected, so he is holding on to the ball too long and maybe a little slow with his reads, but those things will be adjusted with more playing time. 
Yeah I felt like passing on him was a mistake but only time will tell.  

[Image: cacadqjxk0yu.jpg]
Couldn't take the job from Sean Clifford @ PSU, but has definitely been putting the work into his craft.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
[Image: cacadqjxk0yu.jpg]
Couldn't take the job from Sean Clifford @ PSU, but has definitely been putting the work into his craft.
Yep, total smoke show. 

I like Levis: big armed, strapping athletic guy. Some oddities, but maybe those are overblown. Not sure what kind of leader he is. Like I mentioned, way too early for any kinds of judgments, but we are in bizarro land in today's media when it comes to that kind of stuff. 

I just read that Levis left yesterdays practice early so we might not see him Saturday.  Oh well, was hoping to see our first pick Addison and Levis but enough to watch Smile

Quote: @minny65 said:
I just read that Levis left yesterdays practice early so we might not see him Saturday.  Oh well, was hoping to see our first pick Addison and Levis but enough to watch Smile
I hope he plays. Could be interesting in Titan land next year.

Vikings had as much inside info as anyone could have on this kid. More than a lot of teams did. 

The fact they passed on him says a bunch.

Time will tell if they made a big mistake or is this another Jonny Football they avoided. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Vikings had as much inside info as anyone could have on this kid. More than a lot of teams did. 

The fact they passed on him says a bunch.

Time will tell if they made a big mistake or is this another Jonny Football they avoided. 
Yea I made that analogy a couple weeks ago.  Before Levis was drafted he posted some selfies that looked like he was roided-up and then I heard he was very cocky in interviews (both whatever's IMO).  But the key thing is work ethic and processing the information quickly at the next level.  Johnny had no chance because he relied solely on talent which is not nearly good enough in the NFL particularly at QB.  We knew Levis OC (I think he was OC) and I am sure got the inside scoop on his work ethic and processing information and decided to pass so I am very good with us passing with inside information.  

That all said I am very curious to watch Levis to see if what our "inside" information was accurate.