Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Levis?

Woof! Maybe he's a late bloomer?

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Ha ha, he could be. Way too early for sure. But I know one member on this board who was his #1 fan. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@pattersaur said:
Ha ha, he could be. Way too early for sure. But I know one member on this board who was his #1 fan. 
LOL, is that me? I definitely loved that he played in a pro offense and was forged in the fire of NFL-level pressure. Either way, they've been in training camp, what, two weeks? Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees were famously horrible early on, so I wouldn't start filming "Untold: Will Levis" yet.

What's more, I suspect this is more about Malik Willis than it is about Levis. He's got a year experience in Kelly's offense and offers a different dimension than Levis, who is basically Tannehill's twin. IOW, I don't think it would be a huge upset to see Willis get the QB2 job this year. 

Just realized we play TEN on Saturday night, so we'll get to see the Willis/Levis "battle" unfold in real time. What a treat!

With the Tannehill injury Willis had a chance to start last year and gained valuable experience, he was also rated the #1 QB in last years draft by some, so he definitely has the pedigree and now experience to take his game to the next level.  I admit that I wanted us to take both guys in the last two drafts and still would have.  

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Just realized we play TEN on Saturday night, so we'll get to see the Willis/Levis "battle" unfold in real time. What a treat!
I'm trying to decipher if you mean that in all sincerity or if there is a little sarcasm in there. I did chuckle a little.

I thought Levis looked OK for his first action. Nice arm and mobile enough. Looks like Malik has been working too. Terrible situation to have on your hands. Vikings should take note sometime.

The fact that the Titans traded up from 41 to 33 (giving up next year's 3rd to do so) to take Levis the year after taking Willis tells me they do not see Willis as a future starter. However only 2 weeks into TC it makes sense for the rookie to still be #3.  If Levis is still behind Willis next TC then you've got a story.