Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Netflix 'Untold' Johnny Manziel
The most amazing thing to me was how easily he was able to dupe the entire system, from college all the way through getting drafted. He didn't play the game because he loved it, he played it because he loved the parties, girls, drugs, booze, and accolades he received after playing the game. He was an unbelievable talent though and will forever go down as a legend at Texas A&M. 

Mike Evans got him drafted.

Let's all share a moment of relief for the Vikings NOT going all in on JFF, despite many of the 'trade up for...!!!' regulars man-crushing on him.

Rick regains a point, here.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@StickyBun said:
This review is exactly how I felt about it when it was over. He's still in limbo. I think he's just a tired party boy that doesn't want to work at anything.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/as-document...46416.html
Yea his skill set got him a Heisman as a Freshmen, unbelievable.  Kingsbury talks about how he couldn't get him to do any work and he would show up hungover etc and still play great.

That does not work in the NFL at any position especially QB.   If you watch this show and then you watch what dedication it takes to be a QB in the NFL "Quarterback"  it is obvious he had zero chance to make it.  He did not, and I bet still doesn't, have the work ethic to be the best at anything.  He relied 100% on his God-given talent and it got him so far.  
Doesn't work at LB either.  Remember Erin Henderson?

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@StickyBun said:
This review is exactly how I felt about it when it was over. He's still in limbo. I think he's just a tired party boy that doesn't want to work at anything.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/as-document...46416.html
Yea his skill set got him a Heisman as a Freshmen, unbelievable.  Kingsbury talks about how he couldn't get him to do any work and he would show up hungover etc and still play great.

That does not work in the NFL at any position especially QB.   If you watch this show and then you watch what dedication it takes to be a QB in the NFL "Quarterback"  it is obvious he had zero chance to make it.  He did not, and I bet still doesn't, have the work ethic to be the best at anything.  He relied 100% on his God-given talent and it got him so far.  
I still can't believe that billion dollar NFL franchises don't have the resources to discover things like work habits. Those things typically don't improve for athletes when they're suddenly rich and famous.

I think they do.  Didn't Cleveland pay for a study and then ignore it.

Quote: @Zanary said:
Let's all share a moment of relief for the Vikings NOT going all in on JFF, despite many of the 'trade up for...!!!' regulars man-crushing on him.

Remember the look and comment Zimmer/Spelly indicated after his pro day.  They were not impressed to say the least, so I knew we were not going to draft him.  

Which makes me wonder why we passed on Levis this past draft.  We had inside coaching knowledge like Kingbury, so I wonder if Levis has some Johny in him?  Complete conjecture on my part.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
@Zanary said:

Remember the look and comment Zimmer/Spelly indicated after his pro day.  They were not impressed to say the least, so I knew we were not going to draft him.  

Which makes me wonder why we passed on Levis this past draft.  We had inside coaching knowledge like Kingbury, so I wonder if Levis has some Johny in him?  Complete conjecture on my part.  
https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2014/story...ny-manziel

Interesting to go back and read. Vikings did their homework 

So newly minted Hall of Fame OT Joe Thomas of the Browns was asked by Dan Patrick when he knew it wasn't going to work with Manziel. He said the first OTAs in the Spring of his rookie year. Manziel showed up for 1 practice and then the team could not FIND HIM. He was on some bender for days in Cleveland somewhere. Never responded to texts or calls. Unbelievable. Don't feel sorry for this guy, he still hasn't learned shit. Thomas also mentioned that they saw quickly that he wasn't anything special physically: small and not incredibly quick. Not a great arm. Traits that don't translate and will be exposed in the NFL. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
So newly minted Hall of Fame OT Joe Thomas of the Browns was asked by Dan Patrick when he knew it wasn't going to work with Manziel. He said the first OTAs in the Spring of his rookie year. Manziel showed up for 1 practice and then the team could not FIND HIM. He was on some bender for days in Cleveland somewhere. Never responded to texts or calls. Unbelievable. Don't feel sorry for this guy, he still hasn't learned shit. Thomas also mentioned that they saw quickly that he wasn't anything special physically: small and not incredibly quick. Not a great arm. Traits that don't translate and will be exposed in the NFL. 
Again, how the NFL can miss this badly on a player is beyond me. It's not like there weren't more red flags flying than the Beijing Olympics. These days, to get a job almost everywhere requires 4 to 6 interviews, background checks, references, etc....and this is for jobs making $65K. With as much money at stake as the NFL has, you would think they would do a better job. I really don't understand it. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
Again, how the NFL can miss this badly on a player is beyond me. It's not like there weren't more red flags flying than the Beijing Olympics. These days, to get a job almost everywhere requires 4 to 6 interviews, background checks, references, etc....and this is for jobs making $65K. With as much money at stake as the NFL has, you would think they would do a better job. I really don't understand it. 
Almost seems like willful sabotage.  Either that or the blindingly intense desire to be smarter than everyone.