Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR Jalen Nailor looking 'great' early in camp
Nailor is going to surprise people.  He has a lot of speed and can take the top off of a defense, strong hands, good build.  He showed more than many WRs drafted ahead of him in the limited time.  Get this kid more time on the field.

I think he will be a great 3# with Jefferson and Addison once KJ leaves after 2023.

Quote: @Skodin said:
Nailor is going to surprise people.  He has a lot of speed and can take the top off of a defense, strong hands, good build.  He showed more than many WRs drafted ahead of him in the limited time.  Get this kid more time on the field.

I think he will be a great 3# with Jefferson and Addison once KJ leaves after 2023.
I dont think any of those 3 will fill the role that KJ can fill.  You have to have that thicker type receiver that can take those beatings that come from the underneath throws,  we certainly dont want JJ taking those routes anymore than necessary and I dont think Nailor or Addison have the frame for that job.   We need to have that guy IMO to complement JJ in our receiver room.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Skodin said:

I dont think any of those 3 will fill the role that KJ can fill.  You have to have that thicker type receiver that can take those beatings that come from the underneath throws,  we certainly dont want JJ taking those routes anymore than necessary and I dont think Nailor or Addison have the frame for that job.   We need to have that guy IMO to complement JJ in our receiver room.
That is Hock's job to take the beating on underneath throws.  The Vikings need Addison and Nailor to use their speed and quickness to win on bubble screens/jet sweeps and the intermediate part of the field.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Skodin said:

That is Hock's job to take the beating on underneath throws.  The Vikings need Addison and Nailor to use their speed and quickness to win on bubble screens/jet sweeps and the intermediate part of the field.
I would rather have 2 underneath routes with bangers that can get an extra yard if necessary than those skinny speed burners that require more protection time for the QB,  yes we need speedy guys too, but I have always preferred to have a WR2 that is more of Boldin type,  good hands,  hard to bring down, and can run a route good enough to be a viable target all over the field.  A guy that can make teams pay for running out those 190# DBs.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Skodin said:

I think that was true in the old NFL where receivers going
over the middle got blasted, but now anyone can go over the middle.  I think where KJ holds the most advantage
over Addison is run blocking.  When
Addison is on the field, he’s just not going to be able to block hardly anyone.  He’ll just get steamrolled, so your probably
looking at Mattison having to beat an extra guy on runs to his side.  It kind of limits your multiplicity on
offense as he’ll be limited to plays where he helps the running game by running
a route and drawing the defender away from line of scrimmage or going into
motion to get the DB running through the mess in the tackle box.  KJ doesn’t have that limitation and it’s probably
a plus for him.  I think it was
dramatically underutilized last year, but I think KJ could be a drop in
replacement for a lot of the plays that Cooper Kupp ran for the Rams that JJ
isn’t a good fit for.

Quote: @medaille said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Skodin said:

over the middle got blasted, but now anyone can go over the middle.  I think where KJ holds the most advantage
Addison is on the field, he’s just not going to be able to block hardly anyone.  He’ll just get steamrolled, so your probably
looking at Mattison having to beat an extra guy on runs to his side.  It kind of limits your multiplicity on
motion to get the DB running through the mess in the tackle box.  KJ doesn’t have that limitation and it’s probably
isn’t a good fit for.

I am expexting a breakout season for KJ this year,  I think the kid has more to his game than he has been able to show with the limited looks he was getting with AT in the mix.  I am probably looking forward to seeing him play this year than anybody,  Mattison would be a close second.

Quote: @medaille said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Skodin said:

isn’t a good fit for.

Yeah, people here acting like it is the 90s and we need Ed McCaffrey out there.

I still think the Osborn hype is premature. Great kid, but he's very close to his ceiling. That's why the first round pick on Addison. Not saying he's not a very good WR3, just don't see anything more. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I still think the Osborn hype is premature. Great kid, but he's very close to his ceiling. That's why the first round pick on Addison. Not saying he's not a very good WR3, just don't see anything more. 
Yup.  He plays hard, but unlike thielen, he doesn't have that quick twitch.

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
Yup.  He plays hard, but unlike thielen, he doesn't have that quick twitch.
I dont think he's had the opportunity to show what he can bring because of AT.  Nows his chance to sink or swim.  I am not saying  he's Michael Phelps,   but I think he's more than what many fans think.   I would say he's a damn nice 2A/2B guy.  He is very able to be the 2nd or 3rd option for an O, and be on the field for most offensive snaps because he can be used like a 2nd or 3rd TE on run plays