Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good read on Cousins
Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
Anybody catch the flap about Jefferson leaving Cousins off his current top 5 QB list? 
That's the media desperately seeking controversy. But if you listen to the interview, at number 5 he hesitates and says "Josh Allen...Kurt Cobain," which I take to mean it could go either way. It's certainly higher than most people have him. 
I've always thought that was kind of players code though is you always stick up for your own guy whether you truly believed him to be a top guy or not. I thought it was interesting he left him off his list..
How many people do you know who would rank Cousins as a top 5 QB? Not many. I think Justin handled it perfectly. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
Anybody catch the flap about Jefferson leaving Cousins off his current top 5 QB list? 
That's the media desperately seeking controversy. But if you listen to the interview, at number 5 he hesitates and says "Josh Allen...Kurt Cobain," which I take to mean it could go either way. It's certainly higher than most people have him. 
I've always thought that was kind of players code though is you always stick up for your own guy whether you truly believed him to be a top guy or not. I thought it was interesting he left him off his list..
How many people do you know who would rank Cousins as a top 5 QB? Not many. I think Justin handled it perfectly. 
None, but still surprised to hear JJ say it 

@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
None, but still surprised to hear JJ say it 
Doesn't surprise me at all. JJ has always come across as one that speaks his mind and that's what he did. I am sure he and Kirk are good.

@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
I agree 100%, there is no doubt the professional and classy way to answer the question is to have your guy on the list.  Disappointed to see his response, but not surprised as he has a lot of growing up to do.  Could you imagine a classy veteran like Thielen not including his QB, would never happen.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
I agree 100%, there is no doubt the professional and classy way to answer the question is to have your guy on the list.  Disappointed to see his response, but not surprised as he has a lot of growing up to do.  Could you imagine a classy veteran like Thielen not including his QB, would never happen.  
Yep. Its straight up bullshit he didn't include the QB that helped get him to where he is in the NFL right now. Immature for sure. Screams 'me-first'. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JR44 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
Yep. Its straight up bullshit he didn't include the QB that helped get him to where he is in the NFL right now. Immature for sure. Screams 'me-first'. 
Great point, I would like to ask him how many of his record breaking receptions were thrown by the QBs on his list!  Guarantee he would not have the same stats with some of these other QBs, no respect to the guy who has help to get him to where he is at.  How many QBs would have thrown him the pass at Buffalo with the game on line and trusted him like that, a catch which has defined his career to this point.  

It's like someone asking Jamal Murray who his favorite centers in the league are and his answers being Embid, Sabonis and Karl Anthony Towns. Just strange. Even if you don't believe it...lie, because that's your teammate 

Seriously? If it doesn’t bother Cousins why does it bother anyone…? 

Quote: @Kentis said:
Who's to say it didn't bother him? Nobody would ever know if it did or didn't because hes a professional, but as a competitor I'm betting it stung a bit..

@Kentis said:
Who's to say it didn't bother him? Nobody would ever know if it did or didn't because hes a professional, but as a competitor I'm betting it stung a bit..
He did actually.