Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is supposedly the 2023 Viking's schedule
Lions to start season 0-1…  Wink  B)

It looks like we and the Raiders both have a bye before we play each other. No other team has a bye before they play us.  This is a very good schedule, if we are as good as some people think we should do well.

All our non-primetime games are at 1:00 ET except the Chiefs and at Raiders are 4:00 ET.

Weeks 2-8 look the toughest to me.  Eagles, Pack and Bears on the road, Chargers, Chiefs and SF at home, and the Adam Theilen's Revenge game in Carolina.

Consecutive road games out of the bye isn't great, but at least then we get 2 at home. 

Quote: @Greylock said:
Late bye week could be good for a late season push.
Yeah, that's the best bye week we've had in years. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
would rather not play Philly on the road on 4 days rest,   but since that is likely an ass kicking either way,  probably better to have a home game that we should win,  and then the ass kicking,  10 days to get over it, and then have another home game,  even though its a tough home game,  better than some of the other scenarios we could face in that situation.
I think the Eagles might be a little better than you think. And this game's in Philly too, so I don't know how many asses we're going to be kicking. 

Defense needs to be aggressive and more unpredictable, I think Flores will bring that. I think guys like Cine, Booth, Davenport, Blackmon will be helpful to him. Offense will have a more rugged aspect to it with Mattison running the ball and Oliver in there as a great blocking TE. Can the offensive line make incremental improvement by being intact and the continuity being there? 

Minnesota was often at a disadvantage and limited by that horrible D last year. It infiltrated both sides of the ball and optimal play calling. If the D can even be 30-35% more effective, the ripple effect on a gameplan will be huge. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Defense needs to be aggressive and more unpredictable, I think Flores will bring that. I think guys like Cine, Booth, Davenport, Blackmon will be helpful to him. Offense will have a more rugged aspect to it with Mattison running the ball and Oliver in there as a great blocking TE. Can the offensive line make incremental improvement by being intact and the continuity being there? 

Minnesota was often at a disadvantage and limited by that horrible D last year. It infiltrated both sides of the ball and optimal play calling. If the D can even be 30-35% more effective, the ripple effect on a gameplan will be huge. 
The offense needs to know that when the D is struggling to limit their 3 and outs,  or at least quick 3 and outs,  there were to many times last year the D was gassed and the O play calling and execution was suspect at best. KOC needs to be thinking about the D at times when deciding how to approach a series of downs.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

The offense needs to know that when the D is struggling to limit their 3 and outs,  or at least quick 3 and outs,  there were to many times last year the D was gassed and the O play calling and execution was suspect at best. KOC needs to be thinking about the D at times when deciding how to approach a series of downs.
We can cut him a little slack though right?  First time HC and all that?  The positives KOC brought to this team (culture, leadership, situational football improvements, etc) far outweigh the negatives (hiring Donatell and getting too pass happy at times). 

And the two negatives have been taken care of after 1 season.  He didn't compound his mistake by keeping Donatell, he fired him after one season.  He also made it a priority to add some guys who can help them run the ball better.

4 of the first 7 look daunting on paper...

One of the best home schedules for sure since USB opened. Lots of marquee QB's and teams here. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

We can cut him a little slack though right?  First time HC and all that?  The positives KOC brought to this team (culture, leadership, situational football improvements, etc) far outweigh the negatives (hiring Donatell and getting too pass happy at times). 

And the two negatives have been taken care of after 1 season.  He didn't compound his mistake by keeping Donatell, he fired him after one season.  He also made it a priority to add some guys who can help them run the ball better.
Agreed. Not sure what fans are expecting. Oh yeah, and the 13 wins that nobody that criticizes the new regime seems to talk about. Oh wait, it was 'lucky'......sure....

[Image: jennifer-lawrence-oh-ok.gif]