Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honestly, we should have known this would be a boring Draft....
Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@Waterboy said:
All of our division rivals stockpiled picks and are getting better quick.  We’re spinning our wheels. In two years, we’ll be at the bottom of the division if i had to guess right now.  I dont see strategic planning going on outside of the decision to not extend Cousins and potentially cutting our losses on others.  This team with this D has no hope to win it all, and frankly thats what matters. By the time Flores has an effect on this D, Im guessing he’ll be gone. 
This is kind of how I see it as well. Not just within our own division but Philly, Dallas, San Francisco and the like continue to get better while we are just kind of holding serve and hoping to be competitive enough to appease the Wilfs and sell some tickets when a roster reset probably should have been done when the new regime was brought in. Feel good regular seasons and getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs does nothing for me. 
I like the Addison pick. Especially if what was offered wasn't appealing enough to move down. He will fill a big need, and what he can do on the field should help this offense immediately diversify the passing attack. What I didn't like was the move down to the end of third only to take a reach pick on a small corner who most projected to be a 5th or 6th round selection. I know he impressed everyone during his top 30 visit, but there were far better defensive players available. We could have taken Blackmon with our extra 5th round pick and grabbed a solid DT like Adebawore or Karl Brooks at 3 which is also a huge need. Kwesi telling everyone that they wanted to take him at 87 is just more gaslighting to justify the scrutiny he new he would get for taking him as high as they did. I do like Blackmon but the GM needs to maximize value with every pick and not draft a "Sleeper" as he's been described by several draft experts 2-3 rounds too early. Just another draft blunder by the smartest Analytics Guy in the room. 

Quote: @Waterboy said:
All of our division rivals stockpiled picks and are getting better quick.  We’re spinning our wheels. In two years, we’ll be at the bottom of the division if i had to guess right now.  I dont see strategic planning going on outside of the decision to not extend Cousins and potentially cutting our losses on others.  This team with this D has no hope to win it all, and frankly thats what matters. By the time Flores has an effect on this D, Im guessing he’ll be gone. 
This is more pessimistic than I feel about the team overall, but I guess I mostly agree. The Lions have loaded up. For better or worse, GB has entered a new era. Chicago is (slowly) improving. What exactly are the Vikings doing? Drafting more injury prone corners and a talented but undersized WR. There’s not a ton to hang our hat on at the moment other than JJ. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@Waterboy said:
This is more pessimistic than I feel about the team overall, but I guess I mostly agree. The Lions have loaded up. For better or worse, GB has entered a new era. Chicago is (slowly) improving. What exactly are the Vikings doing? Drafting more injury prone corners and a talented but undersized WR. There’s not a ton to hang our hat on at the moment other than JJ. 
That becomes even more true when we don't have Dalvin Cook in our backfield next year 

Well, it is kinda fun to trade out of each pick and give other teams a great deal.  Very friendly and compassionate.  Doesn't help us but that would be kinda selfish...  KAM must be struggling to find short,175 pounders.  Equity in action, small guys deserve to play in the NFL too!

Boring?  

More like embarrassing.  I miss Spelly and wish he stayed in combo with KOC.  

[Image: 7yufkp10cfst.jpeg]
“Boring” might be a tad understated…  :p 

DTR just drafted by the Browns

....one pick ahead of us

I thought the draft was a little more fun when there weren’t all these “draft experts” publishing mock drafts every day. 
Hell, black in the day before ESPN you kind of had to wait until the day after to know who your team drafted if you didn’t live in that teams local tv market. 
Less drama and crying about who was picked and who wasn’t.

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
I thought the draft was a little more fun when there weren’t all these “draft experts” publishing mock drafts every day. 
Hell, black in the day before ESPN you kind of had to wait until the day after to know who your team drafted if you didn’t live in that teams local tv market. 
Less drama and crying about who was picked and who wasn’t.
[Image: wmgdayoxm84q.gif]