Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings get strong grade for Addison selection
impression is he is twitchy has nice hands and catch radius. 

Offense wins games. 

23 was no mans land in terms of a 1st rd pick

The WR room wasn't empty after JJ b4 this pick, but it was question marks and slim pickens.

IMO, not enough juice in KJO and Nailer to make DC's fearful or change how they defend JJ with AT gone. 

Addison may truly put some fear out there. Maybe the Vikings now got their next generation of 3 deep?

MY frustration as a fan today is not the Addison pick - I actually like it. My frustration is lack of a 2nd rd pick for D. 

I haven’t really paid attention this year to the prospects,
but I like the pick.  I think we’re
clearly an offensive first team, and need to maintain that identity throughout
the year to have success, and I think we were one injury to JJ from being in a
world of hurt on both sides of the ball. 
I think Cousins had a little trouble finding AT and KJ last year.  He should be more comfortable this year, but even
if he’s not, I think Addison gives them a way to manufacture touches in a very
controlled and multiple way.  I think his
skillset is very complimentary to the offense. 
If we are going to end up with a QBOTF prospect later in the draft or
next year, this will aid them in their progression.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

The WR room wasn't empty after JJ b4 this pick, but it was question marks and slim pickens.

IMO, not enough juice in KJO and Nailer to make DC's fearful or change how they defend JJ with AT gone. 

Addison may truly put some fear out there. Maybe the Vikings now got their next generation of 3 deep?

MY frustration as a fan today is not the Addison pick - I actually like it. My frustration is lack of a 2nd rd pick for D. 
I was saying that all pre draft, but then  lo and behold we had so many true blue chippers on defense laying there in front of us at 23, I was stunned. Our choice of how to improve a miserable defense, and we go and get a walking stick WR? Kwesi can take his analytics and pound them, because right now he looks like a a 14 yr. old trying to play with the big boys.

Quote: @Bullazin said:

Offense wins games. 
Not trying to be a contrarian but I read in several places that he has some drop issues and that his radius in not good because of his size.  The pluses were mostly about being a route running technician who finds a way to get open without burner speed.  Obviously, I am not in love with the pick.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

I can help with that...

[Image: USATSI_19375128.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]

I like he pick, if we didn't have so many other needs. It almost feels like the pick of a GM that's on the hot seat and needs to win now. Which obviously isn't the case. This really felt like the year to get our QB.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@Bullazin said:

Offense wins games. 
Not trying to be a contrarian but I read in several places that he has some drop issues and that his radius in not good because of his size.  The pluses were mostly about being a route running technician who finds a way to get open without burner speed.  Obviously, I am not in love with the pick.  
i hear ya. i just watched him for the first time.my thinking is he is a number 2 that can play outside. i agree with PF, i dont see osborn or nailor as a #2. 

Quote: @medaille said:
I haven’t really paid attention this year to the prospects,
but I like the pick.  I think we’re
clearly an offensive first team, and need to maintain that identity throughout
the year to have success, and I think we were one injury to JJ from being in a
world of hurt on both sides of the ball. 
I think Cousins had a little trouble finding AT and KJ last year.  He should be more comfortable this year, but even
if he’s not, I think Addison gives them a way to manufacture touches in a very
controlled and multiple way.  I think his
skillset is very complimentary to the offense. 
If we are going to end up with a QBOTF prospect later in the draft or
next year, this will aid them in their progression.
Well HE has to be happy. Going to a team with Cousins at QB. JJ and TJH to draw attention. Long term I don't know, but Addison could have the biggest 1st year impact among the rookie wides. 

Quote: @wiviking said:
I like he pick, if we didn't have so many other needs. It almost feels like the pick of a GM that's on the hot seat and needs to win now. Which obviously isn't the case. This really felt like the year to get our QB.

Yeah it's weirdly a win-now pick on a team that's probably not gonna win-now. I don't hate it, just kind of meh. Very worried about his size but if he can bulk up a bit it I do think he can play.