Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings get strong grade for Addison selection

If we can figure out a way to get into the second and draft for one of our defensive needs, I would be more excited. If we wait until our 3rd, I'm concerned we won't come away with any impact defensive players. Just more question marks. Kwesi needs to find some trading partners, even if we  have to give up some futures to move up. 

I watched most USC games last year, great route runner, plays bigger than he is, but he didn't show up in the big moments of games and couldn't stay on the field.  This was a good pick for a team like the Chiefs who are already there, but for a team with so many holes on defense and no plan at QB for the future, I thought this was a brutal pick.  I am far removed from that generation, but his choice of draft wear would have been enough for me to pass.  With Osborne and Nailor this was a position we could have addressed later and possibly gotten a guy with better metrics and a larger ceiling.  

I think it was a wasted pick.  With JJ and Tj being our top 2 targets,  we essentially just used a number 1 pick on a guy that is third read at best on a team where the OL didn't give the QB consistent enough protection to feel comfortable looking past 1 very often.  

As much as I wanted to see QB and start looking to the future,  I would have been happy with anything defensive at 23,  when they took a 175# WR i about threw my laptop.

Addison will find a role,   he will make some contributions,   but there were likely better uses of that pick if a trade down wasn't available. 

Was not super high on Addison, but some (DJ) had him as their top receiver. Terrific route runner. I'm sure Cousins is happy.

But the kids gonna need a few Juicy Lucy's before he breaks something. And one thing I hate about this pick. Addison was 4th in a 4-WR run. Who would they have taken if all were available? Love to know the answer to that. 

I think it was a draft board value pick.  If one of the defensive players picked before #23 that Kwesi and KOC had ranked higher than Addison was available still, they would've gone with defense.  Sounds like the Vikes did their homework, and grabbed what they thought was the best player available no matter the position.  This really does help fill a hole left behind after AT left.

The Vikings should have taken a defensive player regardless...

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Was not super high on Addison, but some (DJ) had him as their top receiver. Terrific route runner. I'm sure Cousins is happy.

But the kids gonna need a few Juicy Lucy's before he breaks something. And one thing I hate about this pick. Addison was 4th in a 4-WR run. Who would they have taken if all were available? Love to know the answer to that. 
Same. I don't hate the pick by any means but it would've felt better had they taken him with Flowers and others still on the board.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I think it was a wasted pick.  With JJ and Tj being our top 2 targets,  we essentially just used a number 1 pick on a guy that is third read at best on a team where the OL didn't give the QB consistent enough protection to feel comfortable looking past 1 very often.  

As much as I wanted to see QB and start looking to the future,  I would have been happy with anything defensive at 23,  when they took a 175# WR i about threw my laptop.

Addison will find a role,   he will make some contributions,   but there were likely better uses of that pick if a trade down wasn't available. 

When they showed the war room it was clear KAM was trying to trade down.  When the draft clock went all the way down to a few seconds, to me it was clear they tried to trade down but couldn't find enough value doing so. 

Given what we saw last year with KAM's stupid low comp trade down, its ok that we didn't get screwed twice in a row.