Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The time has finally arrived....
Quote: @TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:
I want to wake up tomorrow with presents under the tree, but there's a good possibility we get shut out (by trading out of day one). 

I wouldn't mind any of the 5 QBs (though Stroud would have me a little concerned). I wouldn't mind trading down for more picks. The only thing I don't really want is to stay at 23 and take a player I don't really "get," like Jordan Addison, Jalen Hyatt or Joey Porter. 
I agree with the first two, but why would you be opposed to JPJ at 23? I don't want to draft another 1st Round Corner, but I would be very happy if he fell to us at 23. 
I barely watched the corners this year. I've just read things about Porter that remind me of similar corners who busted in the NFL. Got all the size and speed you want (Okudah), but some folks question his toughness and instincts. "Soft" is a word I read. Some scouts question his work ethic and passion for the game. I'll take a smallish guy with instincts and passion over a prototype without them. Every time.

He's also limited. Doesn't fit in every scheme. Oddly enough though, one he does fit in is ours. So I could see him falling to us. And us taking him. It's not a cat through the TV pick but it's not a pick that will have me jumping for joy either. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:
I want to wake up tomorrow with presents under the tree, but there's a good possibility we get shut out (by trading out of day one). 

I wouldn't mind any of the 5 QBs (though Stroud would have me a little concerned). I wouldn't mind trading down for more picks. The only thing I don't really want is to stay at 23 and take a player I don't really "get," like Jordan Addison, Jalen Hyatt or Joey Porter. 
I agree with the first two, but why would you be opposed to JPJ at 23? I don't want to draft another 1st Round Corner, but I would be very happy if he fell to us at 23. 
I barely watched the corners this year. I've just read things about Porter that remind me of similar corners who busted in the NFL. Got all the size and speed you want (Okudah), but some folks question his toughness and instincts. "Soft" is a word I read. Some scouts question his work ethic and passion for the game. I'll take a smallish guy with instincts and passion over a prototype without them. Every time.

He's also limited. Doesn't fit in every scheme. Oddly enough though, one he does fit in is ours. So I could see him falling to us. And us taking him. It's not a cat through the TV pick but it's not a pick that will have me jumping for joy either. 
Have you attempted to throw a Cat through the TV on a bad pick you didn't like? My money is on the Cat.  :p

@MaroonBells said:
@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:

Have you attempted to throw a Cat through the TV on a bad pick you didn't like? My money is on the Cat.  :p
Ha! Not yet. But then I didn't own a cat when we picked Treadwell. Besides, I have 32 inch arms. Mouschi's reach is 8 inches at best and if you grab him by the paws he can't mess you up too much. 

Quote: @minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@minny65 said:
I would love a move up for Levis if he starts falling.  Other than that I am leaning Kancey if he is still there (not likely) or one of the top WR's - If they are all gone then a move down for more picks and hopefully still get Hooker.
I would love to get Kancey too! 

IF not? Drafting another WR is high on the need list imo. We've all been so caught up in QB talk the last week, we forget AT is gone.

Thats a big hole. 

Every DC in the world is going to double or triple JJ and say let KJO or their running game try to beat us. 

Kancey (John Randle) with a big MLB (they aren't that hard to find) would go a long way to improve the D.  

I think the Vikes are sending smokescreens about moving up into Top 5 or being in love with Richardson.  I think they are hoping Levis falls into range and we carpe deim!!!
The concerns on Kancey are well documented. He scares the Hell out of me. I'm afraid he's going to be more like Jaylen Twyman than Aaron Donald. I would really like the Vikings to find a way to get back in the 2nd Round and draft Benton from WI. 

@minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@minny65 said:
I would love a move up for Levis if he starts falling.  Other than that I am leaning Kancey if he is still there (not likely) or one of the top WR's - If they are all gone then a move down for more picks and hopefully still get Hooker.

IF not? Drafting another WR is high on the need list imo. We've all been so caught up in QB talk the last week, we forget AT is gone.

Thats a big hole. 

Every DC in the world is going to double or triple JJ and say let KJO or their running game try to beat us. 

Kancey (John Randle) with a big MLB (they aren't that hard to find) would go a long way to improve the D.  

I think the Vikes are sending smokescreens about moving up into Top 5 or being in love with Richardson.  I think they are hoping Levis falls into range and we carpe deim!!!
The concerns on Kancey are well documented. He scares the Hell out of me. I'm afraid he's going to be more like Jaylen Twyman than Aaron Donald. I would really like the Vikings to find a way to get back in the 2nd Round and draft Benton from WI. 
What are the concerns?  That he is too small?  Same size as Donald but not the arm length, is that the concern?

@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:

Kinda why I feel that throwing Duke Shelley out the door because of Flores supposedly likes bigger corners was really stupid. He ever hear of Antoine WInfield?

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@MaroonBells said:
@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:

Kinda why I feel that throwing Duke Shelley out the door because of Flores supposedly likes bigger corners was really stupid. He ever hear of Antoine WInfield?
Still shaking my head about Shelley. 

@TBro said:
@minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@minny65 said:

Thats a big hole. 

What are the concerns?  That he is too small?  Same size as Donald but not the arm length, is that the concern?
Lack of Bulk, and lack of Length. His explosiveness is off the charts, but he won't be able to use his short arms to keep defenders away from getting inside leverage, and his lack of size is also a concern when he goes against NFL quality interior lineman who are effective at using their bulk and arm length advantage to anchor. He also gets questionable grades as a Run Defender. He will have to combat those disadvantages with beating his blocker off the snap and getting to his assignments quicker than his opponent. If Flores feels he can coach him through those issues and develop the tools he needs to overcome his physical limitations, then I would be all for it. I like Bresee as well because he is just as athletic will more bulk and length, but he's another Booth Jr when you look at his list of injuries and spotty college production. Neither of these two would be available at 23 if they didn't have those knocks against their draft profile. The question is which one do you pick?. With Kancey, you are betting that his College production will transfer to the NFL, and with Bresee it's the unrealized potential and high upside we really didn't see at Clemson. 

@TBro said:
@minny65 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@minny65 said:

Thats a big hole. 

I love Kancey. You hate to keep comparing him to Donald but the similarities are uncanny. And if he doesn't become the best defensive player in NFL history like Donald, well OK. I'll settle for relentless inside pressure and perhaps a couple of Pro Bowls. 

@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:
@TBro said:
@MaroonBells said:

Ha! Not yet. But then I didn't own a cat when we picked Treadwell. Besides, I have 32 inch arms. Mouschi's reach is 8 inches at best and if you grab him by the paws he can't mess you up too much. 
So you are admitting arm length does matter?