Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My draft prediction
According to vikings.com there are currently 67 players on the roster. The team has 5 draft picks. They're allowed to bring 90 players to training camp. My prediction is that they're very aggresive after the draft signing UDFAs.

Quote: @rf54 said:
There are several ways the Vikings can go, and the rumors and published mocks are all over the map.  With 10 days til the draft there are a few things that stand out to me and I think I know what they will do.

1 Trade down, they must get more picks, a trade down is going to happen, not sure when but I am almost sure they will trade down in the '23 draft.
2 draft a WR, just looking at roster, I think KO will need to add at least 1 WR that has the upside of a WR 2 or 3.
3 draft a CB, Again the curent dept chart screams that at least 1 CB that may need to play in '23 will be drafted.
4 Cook and or Z Smith will be traded or released.  While Z could be forced to stay and play under his contract, Cook needs to either take a real pay cut or be will be gone.  Look at the NFL, RBs are not getting this money anymore and with his age he cannot play under his '23 contract.  Look no further than Aaron Jones and his restructure to stay in GB and why he agreed.  
5 A LB will be taken in this draft...  I know, not a huge leap of faith, but they need some depth and a hopefully can get a LB that has some upside and not just a ST player.
6 QB, while I am not sold on them using a top pick at QB, they need to add someone at the most important position on the roster.  I know they are doing do dilagence, and they have to be prepared for anything that could happen next week.  

Just my thoughts, what do you think you know???
To address your other point-- you made many good ones-- I think if we're looking to move back in the first round, our best chance to do it outside of a QB falling who we for some reason don't want, is if Bijan Robinson is on the clock at 23. If that's too much of a luxury for MIN, there's lots of teams drafting behind us who might want him. Dallas at 26, BUF at 27, CIN at 28 (Mixon in legal trouble), NO at 29 (Kamara in legal trouble), all could be reasonable possibilities.
FWIW Schrager has Robinson going 10th overall to PHI in his latest mock so him being there at 23 might be pipe. I just think it's our best scenario for moving back but sticking in the first.

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
According to vikings.com there are currently 67 players on the roster. The team has 5 draft picks. They're allowed to bring 90 players to training camp. My prediction is that they're very aggresive after the draft signing UDFAs.
Free agents of all types I think. Vikings have yet to make several moves that could free up cap space. Between an O'Neill restructure, a TJH extension, a Hunter extension, and moving on from Cook and/or Z, there's about $20-25M to be pulled if'n they so choose. 

Last year, I didn't see Kwesi trading down within the division, twice.

In the history of the NFL I don't think that had ever happened.

Consequently, my draft tea leaf reading days ended.......

Trey Lance for a 3rd- Yes please!