Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YouTube TV and NFL Sunday ticket
Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
It's really getting out of reach with the inflation economy, not to mention the black market games that will be playing along side their gratuitous pay platform. NFL is blatantly showing its ugly end game. It will be the NBA/MLB in short order where nobody gives a F. Killing the golden goose is so avoidable.  
This again? People have been saying this for 20 years. The NFL is a business and they sell a product people want. If you don't want it, don't watch it. But don't pretend everyone agrees with you and the NFL will be sorry. 

I can't remember what I paid DTV when I had it, but I'm fairly certain $249 is less than that. 

If they set the price to high pirating will just take over.  There were games on traditional streaming services this year and it was better quality for free on pirating sites.  I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that it happens.  The NFL can't raise prices indefinitely and not lose market share. 
I'm fairly certain $249 is less than what I paid for DTV and NFLST 5 years ago. But how so better quality? Since you're the Pirate King, I'm sure you're set up to watch games with hardware/software most of us don't bother with. 

But personally I don't think I've ever been able to watch a pirated game without suffering through countless pop ups before landing on the right site, and then suffering through countless feed drops and buffering delays. And since it's so unreliable, forget about having anyone over. 

Considering $400 to $600 monthly bills for cars, insurance, groceries, etc. $50 a month to be able to watch my team, record it, stop and start it, all in 4K, seems like not a lot. 

Quote:
It's really getting out of reach with the inflation economy, not to mention the black market games that will be playing along side their gratuitous pay platform. NFL is blatantly showing its ugly end game. It will be the NBA/MLB in short order where nobody gives a F. Killing the golden goose is so avoidable.  
Never happen. If you personally don't like the price, as a consumer you have the right to not pay it. The NFL is BIG entertainment, the number one watched sport in the United States. Google is paying $2 billion a year for the rights for NFL Sunday Ticket. Raging against the NFL machine isn't going to change anything.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
This again? People have been saying this for 20 years. The NFL is a business and they sell a product people want. If you don't want it, don't watch it. But don't pretend everyone agrees with you and the NFL will be sorry. 

I can't remember what I paid DTV when I had it, but I'm fairly certain $249 is less than that. 

If they set the price to high pirating will just take over.  There were games on traditional streaming services this year and it was better quality for free on pirating sites.  I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that it happens.  The NFL can't raise prices indefinitely and not lose market share. 
I'm fairly certain $249/mo is less than what I paid for DTV and NFLST 5 years ago. But how so better quality? Since you're the Pirate King, I'm sure you're set up to watch games with hardware/software most of us don't bother with. 

But personally I don't think I've ever been able to watch a pirated game without suffering through countless pop ups before landing on the right site, and then suffering through countless feed drops and buffering delays. And since it's so unreliable, forget about having anyone over. 

Considering $400 to $600 monthly bills for cars, insurance, groceries, etc. $50 a month to be able to watch my team, record it, stop and start it, all in 4K, seems like not a lot. 

Pirated games are garbage video. I don't get how anyone can stand watching that shit for 3 hours. People can find $249 all day long, I hear this complaint constantly....while they hold their $800 Iphone, their $6.00 Starbucks coffee they get 4 times a week, a $7 pack of cigarettes, not to mention the toys they may have (4-wheeler, snowmobile, motorbike, boat, etc.). 

Please.....

$250 actually feels pretty fair. It's not cheap by any means but I agree with others-- pirating games stinks. The idea that the quality and experience is as good or better than the official offerings just isn't true. Thankfully my home market gets most Vikings games and I only have to begrudgingly pirate or go to a bar for a couple games/year.
For people thinking $250 is too much, I'm curious what price you think would be reasonable? $170 or $10/game might be nice I guess but this package isn't just the Vikings, it's everything. As someone who watches 6-8 NFL games every week, an extra $80 to get every other game on top of that Vikings price doesn't seem too bad. If you are a fan who ONLY watches Vikings games then I understand where it might seem a little pricey I guess.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
$250 actually feels pretty fair. It's not cheap by any means but I agree with others-- pirating games stinks. The idea that the quality and experience is as good or better than the official offerings just isn't true. Thankfully my home market gets most Vikings games and I only have to begrudgingly pirate or go to a bar for a couple games/year.
For people thinking $250 is too much, I'm curious what price you think would be reasonable? $170 or $10/game might be nice I guess but this package isn't just the Vikings, it's everything. As someone who watches 6-8 NFL games every week, an extra $80 to get every other game on top of that Vikings price doesn't seem too bad. If you are a fan who ONLY watches Vikings games then I understand where it might seem a little pricey I guess.
I get all the Viking games locally as well, so Sunday Ticket isn't something I'd need.  I thought I heard YouTube TV and/or the NFL was mentioning single team pricing though.  It's too bad that isn't an option for those that would never have a need for watching every game.

It is the same that I have paid for the ticket the past few seasons as long as you sign up early.  I do not have YouTube TV so it will be 350 instead of 250, which is totally understandable that they would offer an incentive to be a YouTube TV subscriber.  The one issue I have is why there is such a variance if you do not sign up before June 6, not sure why they need to then raise it to 450, there will be a lot of people have to pay 100 more, because they were not aware of it.  They could maybe start something like that in their 2nd year and give people the option of an auto renewal.  

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:

I'm fairly certain $249 is less than what I paid for DTV and NFLST 5 years ago. But how so better quality? Since you're the Pirate King, I'm sure you're set up to watch games with hardware/software most of us don't bother with. 

I said earlier that $250 was doable.  I wouldn't pay $500 for it.  I use a laptop with a shitload of ad blockers on it.  I HDMI it into the TV and away we go.  There were 2-3 games this year where I had cutout issues.  I found a more reliable source and it worked like clockwork going forward. 

We had issues with Amazon's Thursday night games early in the season.  By the end it seemed Amazon had the kinks worked out.  As for record, stop and start thats all free on NFLfullHD for anyone who wants to rewatch any game this past year.  I think they even have a ton of older games as well. 

I've generally been pleased with online streaming of Viking games but missed being able to skip commercials by starting part way through a game.  I am a YT sub and will likely take their early deal for the ticket.  This will allow me to watch/rewatch Viking games whenever I want and any other games I find appealing.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:

Never happen. If you personally don't like the price, as a consumer you have the right to not pay it. The NFL is BIG entertainment, the number one watched sport in the United States. Google is paying $2 billion a year for the rights for NFL Sunday Ticket. Raging against the NFL machine isn't going to change anything.
Never is a a ballsy prediction. ESPN sinking, Bally sports bankrupt, believe it or not there is a limit to discretionary spending in America. Key demo is trending away from football in general. Where that leads in 20 years who knows. Not predicting the end, but could look very different. 

I think I’d have a hard time paying extra for football on
TV.  If it got to the point where I had
to pay to watch football, it’d probably fade out of relevance for me like the
other sports did.  I do think I would pay
something like $10 per game to watch if I’m travelling or something.  I think if I was ever to pay for football, I
think they’d have to come up with something more compelling than what we
normally get, like the ability to switch camera angles, choose which audio feed
was calling the game (Network/Radio Home/Radio Away/Spanish/Stadium Announcer/Crowd
Noise/Mic’d Up Players), no commercials (Maybe just have a camera mulling about
the sidelines), maybe have a discord group to hear other fans or a famous team oriented
bar.  I feel like the condensed games are
a more appealing format for me.  If there
was a way to make the live games ad-free (No commercial breaks during the game
where players just stand around) for people that pay and then add in commercial
breaks for free tier viewers, I’d find that pretty compelling, but I’d doubt
they’d do that as people probably would complain if they were getting out of
sync and their fantasy app was updating out of time with their viewing.