Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YouTube TV and NFL Sunday ticket

I wonder if the “90 day home base connection” thing will hold true?  Can I ups a roku stick back and forth to my BIL who is signing up for it and split the cost of the service?

A bit off topic, but I just switched from YouTube TV to Fubo TV and I love it.  Fubo now has Bally Sports Network so I can watch the Wild and Twins.  The User Interface navigating is easily as good but I think better than YouTube as well.  The stand alone Bally Sports Plus streaming service won't air Twins games so I dumped that.  Really happy with Fubo TV so far and I don't miss YouTube TV one bit.  The Fubo plan I have is $85 monthly, but YouTube TV just jumped to $73 monthly and Bally Sports Plus was $15.

It's really getting out of reach with the inflation economy, not to mention the black market games that will be playing along side their gratuitous pay platform. NFL is blatantly showing its ugly end game. It will be the NBA/MLB in short order where nobody gives a F. Killing the golden goose is so avoidable.  

Lets assume I can split the nfl ticket with my BIL. I haven’t paid for NFL in years. I would pay the $125 to not deal with the BS of finding a stream every weekend. 

I’d consider paying $250 but that’s probably as high as I’d go. 

Figuring cost of early registration with red zone plus monthly subscription it's about $35 a week to see all Vikes games. For me at least that's not horrible.

Wonder if you will be able to stream on more than one device at a time and possibly share a membership with someone.  One of the things I didn't like about DirectTV streaming was you could only do one devices at a time.  

Was hoping they were going to reduce the cost.  

I have YouTube TV and I'm stoked. Will order the early bird Ticket/Redzone combo this week. Done and done. 

And as far as the price, its gone down:

For 2023, the pricing for Sunday Ticket is actually pretty competitive, if not better, than what DirecTV was offering last year. In 2022, the cheapest Sunday Ticket package cost $293.94, but you had to subscribe to DirecTV. Any YouTube TV subscribers who sign up now will be getting a nice discount compared to last year's price. 

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
It's really getting out of reach with the inflation economy, not to mention the black market games that will be playing along side their gratuitous pay platform. NFL is blatantly showing its ugly end game. It will be the NBA/MLB in short order where nobody gives a F. Killing the golden goose is so avoidable.  
This again? People have been saying this for 20 years. The NFL is a business and they sell a product people want. If you don't want it, don't watch it. But don't pretend everyone agrees with you and the NFL will be sorry. 

I can't remember what I paid DTV when I had it, but I'm fairly certain $249 is less than that. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
This again? People have been saying this for 20 years. The NFL is a business and they sell a product people want. If you don't want it, don't watch it. But don't pretend everyone agrees with you and the NFL will be sorry. 

I can't remember what I paid DTV when I had it, but I'm fairly certain $249 is less than that. 

If they set the price to high pirating will just take over.  There were games on traditional streaming services this year and it was better quality for free on pirating sites.  I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that it happens.  The NFL can't raise prices indefinitely and not lose market share.