Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supafreak84's Mock Draft 1.0
It's hard to watch Mingo and not think of former Rebel Laquon Treadwell. But Mingo's got more juice. He's faster and can actually separate. It's utterly ridiculous to me that a player like Mingo is widely considered a 2nd rounder when Treadwell was a 1st rounder, especially when the difference between the two couldn't be more obvious given 5 minutes of Youtube.

Like the Campbell pick. Unlike Sewell, he can play the run AND cover. I'd move corner a little higher given the Shelley news. 

Not a fan of Thompson-Robinson. Hate his throwing motion and delivery. I know he made some strides under Chip Kelly, but JMO. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
It's hard to watch Mingo and not think of former Rebel Laquon Treadwell. But Mingo's got more juice. He's faster and can actually separate. It's utterly ridiculous to me that a player like Mingo is widely considered a 2nd rounder when Treadwell was a 1st rounder, especially when the difference between the two couldn't be more obvious given 5 minutes of Youtube.

Like the Campbell pick. Unlike Sewell, he can play the run AND cover. I'd move corner a little higher given the Shelley news. 
Yeah I think Mingo is a better player and his skill set transitions to the next level. Treadwell was a hype and potential kid who came out as an underclassmen and just was never athletic enough to get open. 

I think if I had a choice between the two, I'd still take Sewell but Campbell is going to be a good player. Like I said, I really like this crop of linebackers. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Not a fan of Thompson-Robinson. Hate his throwing motion and delivery. I know he made some strides under Chip Kelly, but JMO. 
Going to be tough sledding if you don't grab a QB in the first round and I just don't think the Vikings have the balls or ammunition to do what it takes to get one 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
Going to be tough sledding if you don't grab a QB in the first round and I just don't think the Vikings have the balls or ammunition to do what it takes to get one 
Yeah, don't disagree with you. I think there only shot is Hendon Hooker and who knows for sure? Hooker might go top 20 in round 1....seems like a guy that is gaining momentum.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
Yeah, don't disagree with you. I think there only shot is Hendon Hooker and who knows for sure? Hooker might go top 20 in round 1....seems like a guy that is gaining momentum.
I was listening to NFL radio this morning and they were interviewing former front office guy TJ Mcreight, who said he would be "shocked" if Hooker doesn't go in the first round and he's gotten more texts from NFL folks regarding Hooker then any other player. Thinks he will be selected in the teens somewhere. Also another interesting nugget, said if he had the top overall pick in the draft he'd take Will Levis. Hugely concerned with Bryce Young's slight frame 

@StickyBun said:
@supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
I was listening to NFL radio this morning and they were interviewing former front office guy TJ Mcreight, who said he would be "shocked" if Hooker doesn't go in the first round and he's gotten more texts from NFL folks regarding Hooker then any other player. Thinks he will be selected in the teens somewhere. Also another interesting nugget, said if he had the top overall pick in the draft he'd take Will Levis. Hugely concerned with Bryce Young's slight frame 
Yea Washington at 16 and TB at 19 might go QB.  We might need to jump into the low teens to even have a shot at Hooker?  

@StickyBun said:
@supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
Levis is the guy I would target if he makes it past 10. 

I was looking at Matt Anderson's mock where he has us taking Dorian Thompson Robinson as well. I don't know much about him but Matt Anderson mentioned that he has been somewhat skittish in the pocket. That brings visions of Christian Ponder to mind. Again, I may be overreacting to a statement as I don't know much about Robinson.

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
I was looking at Matt Anderson's mock where he has us taking Dorian Thompson Robinson as well. I don't know much about him but Matt Anderson mentioned that he has been somewhat skittish in the pocket. That brings visions of Christian Ponder to mind. Again, I may be overreacting to a statement as I don't know much about Robinson.
It's really a roll of the dice and pick your flavor after those initial 5 guys. I like the idea of having a guy that can move in the pocket a little as a change of pace QB. I thought DTR threw it really well at the combine and I like that he has started a ton of games. I like his upside as much as anyone's outside the first round