Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins supposedly offered team a discount on an extension
discount off of what?  he is already over paid, ( most QBs are ) so if he was saying he would take less than the other over paid QBs,  its still a shit deal,  especially if it had to be guaranteed.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
Again, if there is no intention to retain him on an extension past this upcoming season, the smart thing to do is to trade his ass. Sorry but we aren't going to the Super Bowl this upcoming season with or without Kirk Cousins (attention Wilf family!) Geoff thinks we can still get a late 1st round pick or some type of package of picks in trade compensation for Cousins, so how does that not make sense to do that? Yes, you are essentially sacrificing the upcoming season and yes the optics may look bad to Jefferson, but if there's a long term plan...do it! The Kirk Cousin hostage train is annoying every offseason. It's become the Minnesota version of Aaron Rodgers and if he is going to come back and play or not. As much as I like Kirk, it's time for this GM to step up to the plate and put his own stamp on the organization and I think even he knows that he can't do that as long as we keep playing the Cousins extension game. 
Vikings are not going to trade their QB without first having their QBOTF in the pipeline. 
And by what means would they go about acquiring a QBOTF prior to trading Cousins? I also think if that were to happen first it lowers the trade value and would give other teams leverage in trade talks. There's really just no way to finesse this Cousins situation to where the pieces line up perfectly for the Vikings. If they want off the rollercoaster they just need to jump at some point and trust in their new front office to make the right decisions in addressing the QB position. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
Again, if there is no intention to retain him on an extension past this upcoming season, the smart thing to do is to trade his ass. Sorry but we aren't going to the Super Bowl this upcoming season with or without Kirk Cousins (attention Wilf family!) Geoff thinks we can still get a late 1st round pick or some type of package of picks in trade compensation for Cousins, so how does that not make sense to do that? Yes, you are essentially sacrificing the upcoming season and yes the optics may look bad to Jefferson, but if there's a long term plan...do it! The Kirk Cousin hostage train is annoying every offseason. It's become the Minnesota version of Aaron Rodgers and if he is going to come back and play or not. As much as I like Kirk, it's time for this GM to step up to the plate and put his own stamp on the organization and I think even he knows that he can't do that as long as we keep playing the Cousins extension game. 
Vikings are not going to trade their QB without first having their QBOTF in the pipeline. 
And by what means would they go about acquiring a QBOTF prior to trading Cousins? I also think if that were to happen first it lowers the trade value and would give other teams leverage in trade talks. There's really just no way to finesse this Cousins situation to where the pieces line up perfectly for the Vikings. If they want off the rollercoaster they just need to jump at some point and trust in their new front office to make the right decisions in addressing the QB position. 
Its like ripping off a band aid.... just do it already.

We may have tried to trade him but think, how many teams would be interested? And what would you really give for Cousins? He had more chances than any QB i can remember but doesn't show up in the clutch. It's time to move on, he's lucky he gets one more year. He better make this next year good or he could be out looking in the following year.

@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
It’s not rocket science. 
You can just draft a QB, and then figure out what to do with
Cousins.  You can let Cousins start a
year, and the rookie can develop or you can trade him to a team Cousins would
like to go if the kid looks amazing.  I don’t think maximizing
trade value is an important part of the conversation, and there’s nothing
saying that you can’t have two QBs on the team at the same time.  I’d much rather get a new QB first, than get
rid of Cousins first.

Quote: @medaille said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
It’s not rocket science. 
saying that you can’t have two QBs on the team at the same time.  I’d much rather get a new QB first, than get
rid of Cousins first.

Totally agree. And that is the optimal way to go. 

Quote: @FLVike said:
We may have tried to trade him but think, how many teams would be interested? And what would you really give for Cousins? He had more chances than any QB i can remember but doesn't show up in the clutch. It's time to move on, he's lucky he gets one more year. He better make this next year good or he could be out looking in the following year.
Post of the year....lol

Quote: @medaille said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
It’s not rocket science. 
rid of Cousins first.

Well again, if it's not rocket science, where are the Vikings coming up with this young franchise QB? If you give up picks for Lamar Jackson he is your starter and Cousins needs to be traded likely at a reduced rate because teams know the Vikings would need to move him. We aren't in draft position to acquire a QB, so unless we are giving up picks we don't have for an unknown commodity in a trade up, where are we getting a QB to start this transition plan? 

@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
By drafting one. Confused by the question.

No team would ever trade their perfectly good veteran QB for a draft pick. It would just never happen. Draft one, see what he's got, then trade? Sure. QB for QB, OK, but the QB has to be proven.

But QB for a rookie? Never happen. Not in a million years. Imagine the egg on the face of the GM of a 13-win team trading one of the NFL's best QBs, who's still only 34, for a draft pick that turns out to be Dwayne Haskins or Baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen or Trubisky or Wentz or Winston or Mariota, or Bortles, Manziel, Manuel, RGIII, Locker, Gabbert, Ponder.........No, it would never happen. 

I think for some of you, your hatred of Cousins has clouded your ability to see things clearly. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
By drafting one. Confused by the question.

No team would ever trade their perfectly good veteran QB for a draft pick. It would just never happen. Draft one, see what he's got, then trade? Sure. QB for QB, OK, but the QB has to be proven.

But QB for a rookie? Never happen. Not in a million years. Imagine the egg on the face of the GM of a 13-win team trading one of the NFL's best QBs, who's still only 34, for a draft pick that turns out to be Dwayne Haskins or Baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen or Trubisky or Wentz or Winston or Mariota, or Bortles, Manziel, Manuel, RGIII, Locker, Gabbert, Ponder.........No, it would never happen. 

I think for some of you, your hatred of Cousins has clouded your ability to see things clearly. 
I personally love the "he's not clutch" trope as we went 13-3 this year with what, 8,9 come from behind clutch victories.