Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikes signing Marcus Davenport
Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Former first round pick who never lived up to expectations in New Orleans. Played in 15 games last season and had a whopping half a sack. The year prior he had 9 sacks in 13 games, in 2020 he had 1.5 sacks.....so what are we getting here and how does this signing effect Zadarius Smith? Also I'm always interested to see how guys who have played in a certain scheme their whole careers transition to something completely different. 
Za'Darius' days are numbered. Nobody can be too upset with a 1 year flier on a high-upside pass rusher. The underlying pressure rates are there and he is also an above-average run defender. Does Flores help him put it all together? Maybe. If not he's serviceable as a #2 option. 
Do you expect him to be traded or released now with the Davenport signing?

I like your style, Kwesi. 

yeah, the contract may be for 13 million but how much of it is guaranteed there could be a whole lot of other stuff in there that makes it a lot more affordable

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
That's a bargain for a good pass rusher.
When you consider the top 10 edge rushers average about $24M per, yes it is a bargain. I love this type of signing--hugely talented guy, still very young, no long term risk, get a big discount due to a bad year, some injury concerns, pay low for it and see if it pays off. 

Plus it sends a message to guys like Z. We like you, we'd love to have you back at your current salary, but don't think you can't be replaced

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I like your style, Kwesi. 
Yes.  Getting a guy that is willing to bet on himself.  We get production, he gets a chance to show his worth.

Kind of troubling...possibly 

https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/1...zLpgQtMT7Q&s=19

Hope he's able to pass his physical.