Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikes new blocking TE
Quote: @Kentis said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Viking1987 said:
I thought we became a passing team  this is a joke right
He might be a hell of a pass blocker too? 
He’s got some size at 6’5” 249 lbs w/ 33 1/2” arms & 10 3/4” hands…
Spend the next three years adding 60 pounds and put him at guard

I just thought the defense would be a priority. Wasn't expecting a move on a tightend. Somewhat surprising.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
https://twitter.com/nacholeber/status/16...296zyihkpw&s=19
Thats an interesting take...Just as I was finally getting used to 11 personnel too.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:
LOL our first move of free agency and utilizing some of the cap money we've saved via painful roster cuts is.....$21 million for a blocking TE!? Somebody wake me when Adolfo-Mensah makes a move where he actually looks like he knows what he's doing because it will be a first...
This could have been the easiest to get done, not necessarily their top prio. Like others have posted, its probably cap neutral and means Ham is out of the soup. 

When our defense is as bad as it's been and we have holes on offense (most notably at WR and Center) this is just bad optics. Backup blocking TE's are not a priority in any fashion and for our first move of free agency to be giving this no name dude 21 million on a 3 year deal is ridiculous. Just add it to the collection of bad or questionable decisions by our new GM

Oh come on Supa, Jim Harbaugh would love this guy…!  Wink 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:
LOL our first move of free agency and utilizing some of the cap money we've saved via painful roster cuts is.....$21 million for a blocking TE!? Somebody wake me when Adolfo-Mensah makes a move where he actually looks like he knows what he's doing because it will be a first...
This could have been the easiest to get done, not necessarily their top prio. Like others have posted, its probably cap neutral and means Ham is out of the soup. 

When our defense is as bad as it's been and we have holes on offense (most notably at WR and Center) this is just bad optics. Backup blocking TE's are not a priority in any fashion and for our first move of free agency to be giving this no name dude 21 million on a 3 year deal is ridiculous. Just add it to the collection of bad or questionable decisions by our new GM
Doubt Kwesi and KOC are concerned with optics. Probably trying to build the team to their vision not the fans. 

He's gotten raves for his blocking. I'd say the new admin has proven above average at veteran scouting so far, missing on Sullivan and Hicks (IMO), holding serve on Phillips, Mundt and Schlottmann, and getting dubs with Z, Tonga and Shelley playing well above expectations. 

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@supafreak84 said:
@purplefaithful said:
@supafreak84 said:

Doubt Kwesi and KOC are concerned with optics. Probably trying to build the team to their vision not the fans. 
If their vision is loading up the TE room while our defense gives up 35 points a game and Jefferson is double teamed every play...they are right on course. 

Quote: @purplefaithful saidAngry"1VikesFan" said:
Thats an interesting take...Just as I was finally getting used to 11 personnel too.

12 personnel just sounds like a penalty waiting to be called.