Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings get trade offer for Dalvin Cook
Quote: @Greylock said:
How many times has Wolfson's scoops been accurate.  Take the pick, if there is an offer of one and move on while you can still get something.  He has lost a step and seems to prefer to dance too much behind the line before hitting the hole.  Time for Chandler and fast Kenny to show what they can do.
I think Wolfson's fairly reliable. What gives me pause is that he said this on SkorNorth, which is a hotbed of dumbfuckery. So your guess is as good as mine. 

As far as Dalvin goes, I don't know if he's lost a step or not. I tend to think he's still one of the NFL's best backs and he's likely going to show that wherever he goes next. But if the Vikings want to fix their defense, they have to make sacrifices and doing it a non-premium position is a good place to start. 

It's a tough choice but tough choices have to be made, if true take the pick

Do the Vikings think they can win the North and compete for a SB this season? If so, absolutely keep Dalvin. If not then Dalvin and many others should be replaced. Kendricks unfortunately was not a fit in the defense they ran last season and are apparently sticking with. A bummer but that made sense to move on. But the next week or so will be telling as to whether the front office is all-in, is rolling with more of the competitive rebuild, or is burning it down. I think Dalvin fits on this roster if it's either of the first two options.

If it's been put out there's a 5th round offer for Cook.  They will probably wait a little bit to see if anyone will one up it.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Do the Vikings think they can win the North and compete for a SB this season? If so, absolutely keep Dalvin. If not then Dalvin and many others should be replaced. Kendricks unfortunately was not a fit in the defense they ran last season and are apparently sticking with. A bummer but that made sense to move on. But the next week or so will be telling as to whether the front office is all-in, is rolling with more of the competitive rebuild, or is burning it down. I think Dalvin fits on this roster if it's either of the first two options.
This.  If the Vikings are planning to run it back and go for it again, then you keep Cook. If he was in the last year of his deal, maybe you think differently...  But he can still play and this offense needs as many playmakers as it can get.  Cook is still one of them.

But...  if the Vikings are going to let Kirk play out the last year of his contract and look at a reset...  Then we should look at shedding Cook, Hunter, and any other players that don't fit that window for picks.  We'll need them to either make a move for Lamar or moving up for a young QB.

tank it and run 

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
tank it and run 
take  not tank dam phone

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@pattersaur said:
This.  If the Vikings are planning to run it back and go for it again, then you keep Cook. If he was in the last year of his deal, maybe you think differently...  But he can still play and this offense needs as many playmakers as it can get.  Cook is still one of them.

But...  if the Vikings are going to let Kirk play out the last year of his contract and look at a reset...  Then we should look at shedding Cook, Hunter, and any other players that don't fit that window for picks.  We'll need them to either make a move for Lamar or moving up for a young QB.
I think Cook's money spent on defense helps us more than Cook over Mattison or even a committee of young backs. 

Bag of Cheetos > nothing.
Take the bag of Cheetos and walk away with a smile.

They can restructure his contract saving $6 million with a cap hit under $8 million. There’s zero chance I’d release him unless there’s a 3rd rounder or better.